Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 289011 times)

Offline bomp

• Here all the time
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #940 on: 28 March 2010, 15:58 »
Brilliant race :afro: Hamiltons anger is quite fair I think, but as said earlier, he also could have said he's happy with the tyres.

Webber made a genuine mistake of being in the corner a bit too quick, and was very sorry afterwards, so fair enough, thats racing.  I'm sure he was just hoping to take advantage/or hoping for a slight slip in the corner from Hamiltons car and slingshot him.

Schuey was doing some great moves with the car he's got and I reckon he'll help the team tweek the bits he thinks need improving on in the coming races.  This weeks race is what every race sould be like, I enjoyed that no end.
Life is like a skid mark on a toilet bowl.  Sooner or later someone\\\'s going to pi$$ you off.

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #941 on: 28 March 2010, 17:55 »
Can someone please tell me what the red led lights at the back of the car are for ? and why do some cars have them and some don`t :undecided:
Golfgti build quality is average at best.

Offline MrBounce

• I live here
  • Bora TDi 130 Highline - usually filthy.
« Reply #942 on: 28 March 2010, 17:57 »
Can someone please tell me what the red led lights at the back of the car are for ? and why do some cars have them and some don`t :undecided:

They are for high vis (like a foglight) when it's raining. Some people obviously didn't turn them off!!  :smiley:

Keeping schtum. Mostly.

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #943 on: 28 March 2010, 18:00 »
I agree Jenson had a good race, but don't take away from what Lewis did today..

what did lewis do ?  :huh: :undecided:

HE allowed the team to make a CALL

a CALL which Jenson said himself, he MADE it to change tyres

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Lewis got mugged by his team mate, in qualifiying, and the race

and the aussie polis for his loan car.

and now the tears start, :cry:

Well done JB. :afro:

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #944 on: 28 March 2010, 18:46 »

They are for high vis (like a foglight) when it's raining. Some people obviously didn't turn them off!!  :smiley:

Golfgti build quality is average at best.

Offline VR6_ROB

• I live here
  • Mk2 VR6 / Corrado G60
« Reply #945 on: 28 March 2010, 18:57 »
looked good on the highlights vettel should have bagged 2 races bad luck for him and a mistake

I dont think you will see shuey do anything until mid season the car aint up to it

well done JB though he has his head screwed on right

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #946 on: 28 March 2010, 19:21 »
excellent race!

i can see vettel winning every race once the reliability has been sorted though  :grin:

and will you lot stop winging about the drivers 'personalities', its a f**king car race! support the brits innit

(although alonso bashing will be permitted, the moaning spanish thingy)

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #947 on: 28 March 2010, 19:27 »
Drive of the day for me was Lewis but he fooked up; surely he as the driver is best placed to tell the team if the tyres are giving plenty of grip.........

Great strategy from Jenson along with his smooth driving style gave him the win

Perhaps they should soak every GP track before the start - much more interesting!!

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #948 on: 28 March 2010, 19:29 »
alonso drove well after his little " racing incident "

good to see no team orders either  :tongue:

Offline bobotheclown

• I live here
« Reply #949 on: 28 March 2010, 19:30 »
they joked about putting sprinklers on the tracks on the bbc post race show which can be found on the red button after the race. Very interesting to watch all the back stage antics. Very enjoyable to watch as it's more relaxed presentation. Just found it this morning by accident.