Author Topic: Who's got a Rage exhaust?  (Read 2765 times)

Offline jd

• Not said much yet
Re: Who's got a Rage exhaust?
« Reply #10 on: 08 April 2007, 23:10 »
Mate. Your current exhaust is too big for your car. Simple as. I know you know this. Don't listen to this chav talk. If you have bought a new backbox which looks ok and sounds ok then don't worry what make it is. Who cares what other people think? As long as you dont hang around outside shops, talk sh!t and live off the dole then you are not a chav. If your exhaust suits the car then great!

There are far too many people up their own @rses on all car sites that just think that what they have is the best. Buy what you can afford!

Ive got to be honest. Over the last 2-3 years, Ive had 2 Civics, 2 FTO's, an E36 328i sport and a 2003 Impreza WRX Turbo (as well as a few other cars/pieces of sh!t that I wont mention.

The best car that I have ever owned by a massive gap is the beemer and i will definately buy another one as soon as can.

VW's in my opinion are extremely over-rated. There is nothing good about my 16v Mk3 gti that I can think of. I cant wait to get rid of it.

All I am trying to say is, do not care what other VW drivers think about your car and what parts you are using on it as its only a VW (no offense). Buy and fit what YOU want and what suits the car.

« Last Edit: 08 April 2007, 23:18 by jd »

Offline Martz

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #11 on: 08 April 2007, 23:26 »
I agree and disagree. Some cars just look wrong with certain bits clinging on when driving into a Halfords car park. I would not have anything that I was not happy with on my car, for example a bike can on the rear of my car is a no no. I have a decent exhaust and I can afford it. Saying that if I could not I would go for the next best thing.

Good to hear from a outsider as it is refreshing. I do like other brands but I like most on here have that special bond with the VW brand. I agree though that a MK3 Golf would not float my boat (even though it was designed as a concept boat by Sunseeker  :grin:)

Offline jd

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 08 April 2007, 23:35 »
Martz. Thats what i'm trying to say. If he has bought the backbox then he must like it! Why ask what other people think? From the pictures, it looks way better that his current exhaust so who cares what make it is?

If it is made by Rage then so be it. If it was made by a so called 'Non Chav' manufacturer and looked exactly the same, then I'm sure that a lot of people would say that it was a lovely exhaust.

Offline SpearMintTom

• GTI forum regular
  • DOB: 10/08/1986 - MK1 Golf: 14/02/1983!
« Reply #13 on: 08 April 2007, 23:39 »
I wasn't seeking approval believe me  :grin: I just wanted to know what they were like as I don't really know what I've brought into, thats all.. and instead I recieved alot of opinions instead of advice but hey ho.

CHrz
1983 1.6L 8v: S/S 4-2-1 branch, S/S CentreBox, M-u-f-f Diver exhaust, SPC, Wofsburg Dials + Blue LED Lights, Debadged & Smoothed, Porsche Green,

sharpie

« Reply #14 on: 09 April 2007, 09:43 »
If you have a Rage exhaust could you let me know what it's like - quality, sound etc..?

sounds like you're asking for opinions rather than advice here...

Offline SpearMintTom

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #15 on: 09 April 2007, 10:51 »
A bad choice of words, I was obviously after your opinions.. just not biased or unhelpful one's..

Anyway besides the point thanks anyway.
1983 1.6L 8v: S/S 4-2-1 branch, S/S CentreBox, M-u-f-f Diver exhaust, SPC, Wofsburg Dials + Blue LED Lights, Debadged & Smoothed, Porsche Green,

sharpie

« Reply #16 on: 09 April 2007, 11:24 »
A bad choice of words, I was obviously after your opinions.. just not biased or unhelpful one's..

Anyway besides the point thanks anyway.
I never actually said anything too bad about it, only a constructive comment about hanging it closer to the bumper.

when you ask for opinions on something you gotta take the rough with the smooth bud  :smiley:

Offline SpearMintTom

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #17 on: 09 April 2007, 13:21 »
Mate I wasn't accusing you of giving me any "rough" lol

anyway.. It arrives tomorrow will update once its on..

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
  • Housemusic aint for everybody,only the sexy people
« Reply #18 on: 09 April 2007, 15:54 »
i used to have a rage back box on my mk4 astra, did the job, sounded quite nice and was pritty cheap!  :smiley:
BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

Offline tom26

• I live here
  • team chumpy.
« Reply #19 on: 10 April 2007, 16:09 »
hey jd, some interesting views and opinions there. i think that you are correct that everyone should be free to make whatever styling choices they want. But... i'm sure you would agree that so called 'chav' rides do tend to have a certain look, A look most of us dubbers choose to avoid. So what? we may seem very up our own arses about certain brands and products, but generally thats because they are the best parts available (in our opinions of course) and are in keeping with the 'theme'.
 i'm sure there are plenty of other forums to post on if you think VW's are just average, we all choose to drive them because we believe they are much more than that.