Author Topic: Not another Silver Mk2 lol  (Read 2774 times)

Offline spekky

• Not said much yet
  • MK4's my daily driver
Re: Not another Silver Mk2 lol
« Reply #10 on: 10 August 2005, 10:07 »
wouldnt say the dash was an easy mod and i am still not really happy with the way the clocks fit but that is because the speedo cable doesnt have quite enough give on it.... but hey ho was not meant to go in a mk2 but i made it fit lol

mrwotto

« Reply #11 on: 10 August 2005, 10:18 »
Nice looking mk2 mate :cool:

Offline spekky

• Not said much yet
  • MK4's my daily driver
« Reply #12 on: 10 August 2005, 10:30 »
a little off topic but while im here anyone staying at edition 38 on friday or does anyone know if you can??!?

Offline Logie

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #13 on: 10 August 2005, 11:17 »
Nice and clean there mate but why does 85% of MKII Golfs go for the same front look? Single lights with the debadged grill?

Offline spekky

• Not said much yet
  • MK4's my daily driver
« Reply #14 on: 10 August 2005, 11:24 »
ahhha well that is a temp fit, have a little something i am working on for that area, ya never know may and i mean may get it finished for edition 38 lol

Judderi

« Reply #15 on: 10 August 2005, 11:31 »
Nice and clean there mate but why does 85% of MKII Golfs go for the same front look? Single lights with the debadged grill?

Cos it looks the best! No arguments please  :grin: Each to their own and all that....

Im surprised you needed to cut your arches so much. Ive got 30mm adaptors with 6" on the front and 8" or 9" on the rear (cant remember). The front inner arch is standard and uncut - does catch a little on full lock but wont take much to sort out. The rears however have been completly cut away. So the arch no longer catches but the tyre hits the top of the inner arch if i go over a big bump or have people in the back, i also get a bit of scrubage on the side of the rear plastic g60 arch belive it or not because of the way the suspension arm travels. i.e as it goes up it also goes towards the front of the car a little.

Offline Logie

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #16 on: 10 August 2005, 11:40 »
Just seems every Golf goes for that look. But, of the few kits i seen. None really suit the Golf. Golf is a hard car to mod to please most people :p

Offline spekky

• Not said much yet
  • MK4's my daily driver
« Reply #17 on: 10 August 2005, 11:42 »
rears are fine but with the 100mm (conservative estimate could be lower!??!) cant remember what it looked like stock :laugh: lol drop on coilovers belive me mate it needed arch work!!!!!! would have shredded the tyres in no time!!! :laugh:

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #18 on: 10 August 2005, 13:06 »
looking damn nice spekky  :cool:

yes to friday at e38
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Len

• 10k hero
  • Guardian of the Seas, Protector of Waves
« Reply #19 on: 10 August 2005, 13:26 »
Yes cool looking car mate! Far better than that Granny diesel Mk 4 !! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

And I hope your new tent is a good one fro E38! :wink:
Mystic Blue Mk3 16v + Black Mk5 Gti 05 plate + Peugeot 405 Mi16

www.sas.org.uk
www.the-ace.org.uk