Author Topic: Audi RS3  (Read 2768 times)

Offline PenguinGTI

• I live here
Re: Audi RS3
« Reply #20 on: 25 June 2011, 16:17 »
It's an impressive car but there's a lot of better options I think. As you say the TTRS is slightly quicker but the biggest benefit for me of the TTRS is the looks (the RS3 just looks heavy).

Don't get me wrong. I wouldn't buy it, but if I had just dropped over £40k on a performance car and an ugly French hatchback destroyed me on a track day, I'd be wondering where my money went.

Pretty valid point but there will always be something faster. Might as well buy the car you like.

Gavv8

« Reply #21 on: 25 June 2011, 16:24 »
Megane will be fast right up to the point where it self destructs, all fast french stuff does, my mother in law has a 207 thp and it has been nothing but trouble and is currently at the dealer having it's engine stripped for the 12th time :angry:

Offline bobotheclown

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 25 June 2011, 21:33 »
I had a Saxo diesel for 13 years and it was faultless apart from a leaky radiator near the end but that was due to a stone cracking it. Some French don't surrender so easily.

Offline cullygti

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 25 June 2011, 22:04 »
first car was a clio mk1 r reg never spent a penny on it apart from oil change and cam belt sold it to my mate he then sold it to his brother and he gave it to his mrs who is still using it absolute bomb proof engine in it and i was worried that it was french at the time lol i guess its luck of the draw  :grin:

i drive a golf thats why im skint!!!!

losing interest in the golf and now not so skint !!!!!

Offline jimbooboo

• I live here
  • YUM YUM
« Reply #24 on: 27 June 2011, 20:19 »
I saw a 1M on the back of a lorry going down the M1 the other night It looked the nuts!

Offline adi

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #25 on: 28 June 2011, 19:02 »
Poor picture's of my phone.

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #26 on: 28 June 2011, 19:06 »
It looks very nice lovin the colour , to much dosh how much are they 40k +

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline adi

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #27 on: 28 June 2011, 19:08 »
Yes, all sportback's and dsg only also.

Offline Ess_Three

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 28 June 2011, 19:27 »

Save £12k and get the new Megane. Runs rings round those two, literally.

I find it hard to believe that anyone looking to drop £40k+ into an RS3 will even glance towards a Renault dealership or anything within, no matter how good it it perceived to be.
Someone looking to spend £40k+ on an RS Audi doesn't give a toss how quick or good handling a Megane is.
They will but the RS3 because it's impeccably built and easy to go very quickly in, with little effort....and I doubt too many buy them with trackday performance top of the list either.

Reducing my Golf count by the week....
..but gaining motorcycles.

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #29 on: 28 June 2011, 19:27 »
Thats the colour my boss has ordered it in . .  I think. He is getting some sort of grey, is there more than 1 grey?