Author Topic: Leaking??  (Read 3260 times)

Offline xxpenxx

• Here all the time
  • .: Eat Me :.
Re: Leaking??
« Reply #10 on: 04 February 2011, 15:25 »
Turns out I need a whole Diesel Cooler. As now its leaking again, thats what would stop it  :angry:

Offline xxpenxx

• Here all the time
« Reply #11 on: 11 February 2011, 14:52 »
CAN SOMEONE DELETE THIS PLEASE?

GOT THE CAR FIXED, N TY FOR ADVICE  :smiley:

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #12 on: 11 February 2011, 14:55 »
So what about anyone else who might have the same problem?  :huh:

The whole point of the forum is that you post up a problem, it gets solved and it then helps others in the future.........

Offline Agreeable Slick

• Global Moderator
  • Serious forum addict
  • Unit
« Reply #13 on: 11 February 2011, 14:57 »
:laugh: :laugh:

Offline xxpenxx

• Here all the time
« Reply #14 on: 11 February 2011, 16:41 »
Well, my bad!! End of the day... the issue was......

My car started leaking diesel, and I didnt realise, I then noticed a puddle on the floor, and realised it was diesel, after wondering why I was using so much diesel so fast.

It turns out, the diesel cooler itself, has a plastic tray type thing, that is meant too protect it. But it was this casing that caused the problem.

The forks, that clib the pipe from the diesel cooler, into it, became lose which after some time obviously made a whole. As the corner of the plastic kept rubbing on the tube from the diesel cooler.

So, all in all, anyone with a diesel, get rid of the crappy plastic thing near the cooler, which sits under the drivers door.

As this could also make a whole in yours  :smiley:

Offline braderz

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #15 on: 11 February 2011, 23:45 »
Well, my bad!! End of the day... the issue was......

My car started leaking diesel, and I didnt realise, I then noticed a puddle on the floor, and realised it was diesel, after wondering why I was using so much diesel so fast.

It turns out, the diesel cooler itself, has a plastic tray type thing, that is meant too protect it. But it was this casing that caused the problem.

The forks, that clib the pipe from the diesel cooler, into it, became lose which after some time obviously made a whole. As the corner of the plastic kept rubbing on the tube from the diesel cooler.

So, all in all, anyone with a diesel, get rid of the crappy plastic thing near the cooler, which sits under the drivers door.

As this could also make a whole in yours  :smiley:

Put up a pic of the offending item under the car pleeez?  :smiley:

Offline xxpenxx

• Here all the time
« Reply #16 on: 12 February 2011, 16:34 »
As Requested  :smiley: