Author Topic: Leaking??  (Read 3259 times)

Offline xxpenxx

• Here all the time
  • .: Eat Me :.
Leaking??
« on: 31 January 2011, 19:14 »
Sorry guys, know the issue now need advice?
« Last Edit: 04 February 2011, 09:12 by xxpenxx »

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
Re: Leaking??
« Reply #1 on: 31 January 2011, 19:56 »
 :huh:

Under the car or in the engine bay?

I can't ever recall seeing a blue pipe  :undecided:

Offline xxpenxx

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 02 February 2011, 10:18 »
:huh:

Under the car or in the engine bay?

I can't ever recall seeing a blue pipe  :undecided:

Ahh, got this sorted yesterday mate, my Fuel pipe that carries the diesel is Blue  :huh:  and what happened, is where it is under the car, the crappy thing that is meant too hold it and protect it like a cover. It somehow put a pin hole in the pipe!!! My mate said he's never seen that happen before, found it rather amusing, i obviously did not lol!! Then, on my journey home from an interview, my heat shield was hanging off lol!! So had too put up with that making a horrid noise for bout a 40minute drive lol!!!

But thankfully, stopped at my mates garage on the way back, and he sorted it out.

And regarding that boost gage, he said you have too mess with a couple of bits too install it, and he said in his opinion its not worth doing, said I have a good car, that runs smooth etc. And if I start messing with the engine, it may end up being a car, that does not run nice and smooth lol!!!

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #3 on: 02 February 2011, 10:21 »
Can you get a picture of this pipe?

If its under the car that's why I can't ever remember seeing a blue pipe  :laugh: :laugh:

Offline xxpenxx

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 02 February 2011, 10:25 »

If its under the car that's why I can't ever remember seeing a blue pipe  :laugh: :laugh:

Can do later lol, you can see it quite clearly, I think it runs along side the oil pipe. He put a case over it kinda thing, so hopefully it will hold lol!!! How much will one cost if i need to replace it? For future reference, if it doesnt hold out lol!!!!???

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #5 on: 02 February 2011, 10:28 »

Can do later lol, you can see it quite clearly, I think it runs along side the oil pipe. He put a case over it kinda thing, so hopefully it will hold lol!!! How much will one cost if i need to replace it? For future reference, if it doesnt hold out lol!!!!???

I've no idea as I'm struggling to picture what pipe you're on about  :undecided:  This is in the engine bay right?

Offline xxpenxx

• Here all the time
« Reply #6 on: 02 February 2011, 10:42 »

I've no idea as I'm struggling to picture what pipe you're on about  :undecided:  This is in the engine bay right?

It was leaking from under the drivers side door, you can see the two pipes there under the car  :smiley:

Offline xxpenxx

• Here all the time
« Reply #7 on: 04 February 2011, 09:12 »
Right, know what the problem is now. Does anyone know how much a Fuel Pipe will cost, my one has a pin hole in it and is leaking quite a lot of Diesel, rather annoying tbh...

Any advice much appreciated  :smiley:

Offline Agreeable Slick

• Global Moderator
  • Serious forum addict
  • Unit
« Reply #8 on: 04 February 2011, 09:19 »
The one going from the tank to the filter (this is the one I believe you have been talking about) will not be much, I imagine £20 at most from an autofactors.

A bit more from VW.

Offline xxpenxx

• Here all the time
« Reply #9 on: 04 February 2011, 09:26 »
The one going from the tank to the filter (this is the one I believe you have been talking about) will not be much, I imagine £20 at most from an autofactors.

A bit more from VW.

Basically, where you can see it under the car itself, its leaking just before you see the end of the pipe. The crappy casing that holds that and the oil, and is meant too protect it is what made a poxy hole in it!!!

I'll have too get one ordered  :cry: