Author Topic: What have you done to your Golf today?  (Read 601498 times)

Offline dub-addict

• Here all the time
Re: What have you done to your Golf today?
« Reply #5630 on: 13 May 2012, 16:28 »
finished painting the engine bay L90e.. clear tomorrow

Offline mcgee9t2

• I live here
« Reply #5631 on: 13 May 2012, 18:52 »
put the tt comps back on and managed to do this

:embarassed: :sad: :angry:

Offline Bandit127

• Here all the time
« Reply #5632 on: 13 May 2012, 19:36 »
C*cked up the auto adjuster on my clutch cable... Bugger! Now it won't drive so a new manual adjustment cable will be going on tomorrow.

Removed, dried and resealed a wet headlight.

Put some Osram Nightbreaker Plus in.

Cleaned my MAF.

Lost the will to live when I discovered the c*ck up with the clutch cable so it didn't get cleaned - will do that tomorrow if I get the cable sorted. 

Offline craig180

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5633 on: 13 May 2012, 20:26 »
Drive all the way to Alton Towers and back with the roof down.

Oh and nothing fell off or broke.

And I managed an average of 40mpg on the way home. Not bad for a 23 year old GTi lump with 173k on the clocks :D

Offline bob23

• GTI forum regular
  • Hi, for those of you that don't know, I'm a tw@!
« Reply #5634 on: 16 May 2012, 01:01 »
Took my back box off, cleaned it, refitted it with a new joint and shortened the pipe to make it fit further under the car as it was not sitting in the mounts properly and was sticking nearly 4" out the back.

Undersealed most of the back of the car and inside the rear arches where needed, wire brushed and painted most brackets/mounts black before refitting my rear axle once I had got the bushes changed and touched up the paint, fitted new brake disks, bearings, pads, callipers and coilovers, back end is nearly done now, just need to replace an abs sensor that is now in bits and replace the tank straps at some point.

Opinions? Think it's getting there?

Need bigger brakes on the back really but that will have to wait until I have the money.

Tomorrow if I have time I will remove the bit of anti roll bar that hasn't been cut off the car and fit the new one with new links and bushes, will change the ball joints, track rod ends, remove the wishbones wire brush them and spray them black, change whatever that white plastic thing that the gearstick sits in as there is too much play there, remove the front brakes, clean them up and paint them blue, will order new disks and pads and fit the coilovers, also need to find a secondhand radiator.

Then after that I will have to put the interior back in, find the fault with the heated seats, find out why the loom for the radio doesn't work and rewire it, wire in the front fogs and fit the new indicators and find out why I have an airbag light on and put it right.

So not a lot then! :rolleyes:

Current cars 1995 Golf gti colour concept 2.0 8v 156,000 miles. bmw 316 1.9 129,000. yeah, life's good! :rolleyes:

Offline Wooosh

• GTI forum regular
  • The Shocker.
« Reply #5635 on: 16 May 2012, 10:51 »
Showed up a 12plate audi a3 in white on my way to work this morning :grin:

Offline bob23

• GTI forum regular
  • Hi, for those of you that don't know, I'm a tw@!
« Reply #5636 on: 16 May 2012, 13:05 »
Bleed the brakes, adjusted the handbrake cable and done some more undersealing.

Just worked it out, what I can remember buying and what work I can remember that I paid for I have so far spent £901.10 + £650 for the car in the first place, so far it's cost £1500 and I still have to get more parts for it, should think it'll have cost £2k+ by the time I get it on the road.

Current cars 1995 Golf gti colour concept 2.0 8v 156,000 miles. bmw 316 1.9 129,000. yeah, life's good! :rolleyes:

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #5637 on: 16 May 2012, 20:16 »
sprayed the wheels and fitted my new dice dust caps

Gavv8

« Reply #5638 on: 16 May 2012, 20:32 »
Yellow tinted the front fogs.. :cool:

Offline Mr_Orange

• I live here
  • MK4 GTi Turbo Exclusive 150 AUM
« Reply #5639 on: 16 May 2012, 21:36 »
Fitted some proper nice tailored car shades to the rear windows  :cool:

Insured it for another year £330 fully comp with all mods  :cool:  Read the small print and it says I'm not insured to take it round the Nurburgring!   :laugh:

Build thread clicky