Author Topic: Clubsport Testdrive  (Read 3947 times)

Offline king monkey

• I live here
Re: Clubsport Testdrive
« Reply #20 on: 19 September 2021, 06:40 »
Yeah it was, Andy. Again it was only a short one. I was only offered 25 mins. They said they’d popped some fuel in for me but when I got in the range was only 55 miles. Think maybe this shows how tough it is at the moment for the industry.
The biggest takeaway was still that distinct feeling of it being down on power. It’s nagging me a bit now.
Sorry to hear about the dash. Bet that’s a total pain!
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #21 on: 19 September 2021, 07:18 »
How many miles had the car done Michele?
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 19 September 2021, 07:43 »

No options

£40k
« Last Edit: 19 September 2021, 08:04 by king monkey »

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #23 on: 19 September 2021, 08:13 »
1300 is well enough loosened up so maybe your R is just plain quicker, which is a distinct likeliness.
Keep the R!!  :grin:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 19 September 2021, 08:47 »
1300 is well enough loosened up so maybe your R is just plain quicker, which is a distinct likeliness.
Keep the R!!  :grin:

Think it just surprises me with them both being 300bhp and the CS being lighter. Hmmmmm. Definitely feel like I’ve got some thinking to do.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #25 on: 19 September 2021, 09:06 »
The CS is a fraction lighter and has less transmission losses yes, but other things come into play such as gearbox tuning etc too.
Against a stop watch it might tell one story but the day to day feel of the car might be different to that making one better to drive as opposed to flat out acceleration figures (the R would still win that too from a standing start!!).
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 19 September 2021, 09:34 »
The CS is a fraction lighter and has less transmission losses yes, but other things come into play such as gearbox tuning etc too.
Against a stop watch it might tell one story but the day to day feel of the car might be different to that making one better to drive as opposed to flat out acceleration figures (the R would still win that too from a standing start!!).

I think, think, that the CS felt a better drive. The ride is definitely better but it was in the in gear acceleration that underwhelmed. That was the surprise. Almost like it was being held back slightly.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #27 on: 19 September 2021, 21:44 »
The CS is a more lively drive but whether it’s better or not is a personal thing.
I find the acceleration through the gears in my CS can be blisteringly quick but do know what you mean about the in gear shove. It’s almost as if it’s in one gear higher than where you’d want it to be when you want moderate acceleration and two gears lower than need be when you floor it to kick down. You learn to drive around that. The flip side is the fuel economy is really good for 300bhp!

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner