Author Topic: Clubsport Reviews  (Read 48866 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: Clubsport Reviews
« Reply #280 on: 02 March 2021, 16:15 »
He’s a good lad is Mr Chapple. I met him a few times at various events over the years many moons ago and even bought a car from him when he was first setting up.
He has lots of experience and is in tune with the sort of people that visit forums such as this, despite him seemingly preferring to use social media which is understandable as he needs to promote himself in the widest possible arena. It’s just a shame looking at many of the comments on said media that it’s the usual easily influenced fanboys and people that have strong opinions on things they know nothing about.
His videos are very ‘him’, quite laid back and open, no frippery. I think Andrew would learn a bit on this forum!
I agree with much he says, disagree with much and have no love of massive Audis personally, no matter how fast they might go, but I’ll always try and watch his VW/SEAT related content. 
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #281 on: 02 March 2021, 17:49 »
I don’t watch the Audi content either. Not an Audi fan at all. My S3 was my least favourite car I’ve had but I kept it the longest. Odd.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #282 on: 02 March 2021, 19:32 »
I am a little surprised he hasn't done any Skoda content. I know perhaps Skoda isn't the most sporty or fashionable brand out there, but to have not even had a cursory once over of cars like the Octavia vRS seems a little remiss to me. 🤷‍♂️
7.5 GTD

Offline M6TT F

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #283 on: 02 March 2021, 19:43 »
Interested that he was taking it easy for the first 1000 miles. I asked about this when I picked mine up, and was told no running in period was necessary

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #284 on: 02 March 2021, 21:08 »
Interested that he was taking it easy for the first 1000 miles. I asked about this when I picked mine up, and was told no running in period was necessary

I think that’s just an old school thing that Andrew obviously very much subscribes to. Similarly, he put that white MK7.5 R Wagon up on a ramp and put a sealant on the underbody... despite knowing he’d only be keeping it a few months.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline dfm

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #285 on: 02 March 2021, 21:26 »
I am a little surprised he hasn't done any Skoda content. I know perhaps Skoda isn't the most sporty or fashionable brand out there, but to have not even had a cursory once over of cars like the Octavia vRS seems a little remiss to me. 🤷‍♂️

On his latest video he says he's getting a VRS in to review.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #286 on: 02 March 2021, 21:32 »
He likes a hot estate.... I guess he's never late for the funeral. Customer service I guess  :laugh:
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #287 on: 02 March 2021, 22:16 »

On his latest video he says he's getting a VRS in to review.

Just watched the video. Seems he read my mind...
7.5 GTD

Online mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #288 on: 02 March 2021, 22:48 »
it states in the manual about running it in.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline jaceyboy

• I live here
« Reply #289 on: 03 March 2021, 14:48 »
Possibly the worst colour for that car :undecided:

MK7 GTi