Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 653131 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #2860 on: 02 October 2016, 07:49 »
Had the diverter valve out today and it all looked as new so that will stay in. I've got a 'G' revision diaphragm type, I'm aware there were problems with the diaphragms on the 'C' revision so a lot of people changed to the 'D' piston type. Not sure if there'd be any benefit going from a G to a D though.

Ordered a new PCV valve 06H 103 495 AD (£78.20) and breather pipe 06J 103 213 E (£22.40) which it's advised to change as well due to the likelihood of broken tabs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQEciqR1ST8. Next day delivery so will be able to fit them tomorrow.
Asked about buying this today from VW dealer for my 2010 model. Oddly being told mine would be a 06H 103 495 D for a new one and the car would be fitted with a A version from the factory.
 When I looked at the one on the car it was version E.

Haven't ordered yet as bit confused.  :sad:

Have you had the car from new Snoopy? Ie there's no chance it was changed before your ownership?

Unfortunately my ETKA isn't working at present otherwise I'd have a look at numbers for you. If I manage to get it working I'll have a check..
Thanks. If you need the chassis number to verify I can PM you it.
Yes ive had my car siince new and the date stamp on the part is actually 12/09 so never changed without me knowing either.
Its a March 2010 car.
« Last Edit: 02 October 2016, 07:52 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Pld118

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2861 on: 02 October 2016, 17:44 »
Prepared it for a private sale... Looking very nice indeed!

Offline Pld118

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2862 on: 06 October 2016, 21:28 »
Having polished the Windows inside and out to compliment the detailing I'd done last weekend, got flagged down by someone alongside me at traffic lights asking how old the car was, complimenting how nice it looked and asking how much someone would pay for one of those... Never happened to me in all my years of driving.  Don't like attracting attention but a refreshing change for someone to say something nice.  :smiley:

Offline sajymundo

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2863 on: 15 October 2016, 11:03 »
Just done 100,000 miles and filled up with BP Ultimate for a change rather than the usual shell v power.  Best car I have ever owned and still feels amazing to drive.  Would give it a wash but the Glasgow weather is not playing ball.
Mk6 GTI | DSG | Black | Leather | 17" Monzas | RNS510 + Dynaudio | Cruise | Bi-Xenon + Rear LED's | Luxury + Winter Packs | Bluetooth

Offline juwivive

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2864 on: 19 October 2016, 19:08 »
Had a minor service done and an MOT (£199 total).  The rear discs and pads are 80% worn according to the paperwork.  I'm planning on getting something new in time for a 17 plate, so I'm hoping they last 'til then.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #2865 on: 23 October 2016, 09:11 »
Not strickly a what i have done but.

Due to dieing of man cold/flu laying awake most the night thinking should I sell it. :undecided:

I love the way it looks especially but im simply not using it. :undecided:
Its done less than 16k total in 6.5 years and less than 100miles this year!
A change of circumstances has not helped this year useage granted.
The mk6 GTI keeps getting left in the garage and the leon used instead as I dont care about were I park it or how I use the leon.
So the leon gets filled with all the garden crap, house renovated stuff, car restoration parts and deals with the weekly shopping trips etc while the mk6 seems to be keeping the mk1 company in the garage.
Its one of those head v hart decisions I guess.

Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #2866 on: 25 October 2016, 22:20 »

Due to dieing of man cold/flu laying awake most the night thinking should I sell it. :undecided:

The mk6 GTI keeps getting left in the garage and the leon used instead as I dont care about were I park it or how I use the leon.
So the leon gets filled with all the garden crap, house renovated stuff, car restoration parts and deals with the weekly shopping trips etc while the mk6 seems to be keeping the mk1 company in the garage.

This is a real shame Snoopy, dont you even use at the weekends for a quick blast around....make time for her
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline danheath1312

• Just got here
« Reply #2867 on: 26 October 2016, 00:26 »
Bit overkill but you know when something just bugs you and you NEED to get it done...

Drove from Preston to Stoke purely to borrow my Dad's ramps, jack and torque wrench so I could take my wheels off in order to polish my calipers. Now they look a completely new shade of red.

Can't believe how quickly grime builds up on them! especially the front ones.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #2868 on: 26 October 2016, 08:50 »

This is a real shame Snoopy, dont you even use at the weekends for a quick blast around....make time for her
Just don't seem to get the time sadly.
Im either working on my other cars, sorting the house out or garage building or helping friends with their cars.
Im giving myself a week or two to decide but my head is saying its an expensive depreciating asset just taking up space.
Everytime I look at it though it causes a smile especially if the sun is shinning on it when I open the garage door.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #2869 on: 26 October 2016, 10:31 »

It's a tricky one I don't like letting anything go, especially if it's not eating much grass. I didn't used to drive my Mk2 much, but since getting fed up with the whole show thing, this year I decided to drive around in it. I did around 1200 miles in it come rain or shine. It didn't do it any harm, in fact it probably did it some good. I actually got more positive attention and comments using it as a car, than I ever did sat next to it in a show field.

A friends dad has a 2000 Impreza turbo. He's had it from new and it's done less than 20,000 miles. Totally original, I don't suppose there is another like it anywhere. He rarely takes it out, but won't sell it. He couldn't bare to think of anyone else having the benefit of it for a relatively small amount of money.

Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.