Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 654464 times)

Offline jord91

• Not said much yet
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #2690 on: 07 July 2015, 19:20 »
I got it from Demon Tweeks who are official stockists. 360 for bluefin + kn air filter. Filter is nothing special but you can certainly feel better throttle response (retails at 40ish). And bluefin is very easy to install (need to have access to PC though, doesn't work for Mac). Overall for someone who needed light mods for occasional spirited drives it's perfect as you can take the map off anytime.

Hopefully this weekend I can take it out for a real spin and stretch the cars legs!

thanks for the information. just ordered one cant wait for a bit more power :)

which windows did u use? i have vista and windows 7
« Last Edit: 07 July 2015, 20:04 by jord91 »

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2691 on: 08 July 2015, 11:53 »
Dropped it off at VW for it's final service (for me).  3rd Service, so brake fluid change and whatever else.  Made sure I put the big 'No Washing' sign on the dash.

Chatted to the service dept girl (who is unusually knowledgeable for a VW bod) and she asked if I was keeping the car.  Told her I had an R on order with JCB Medway (via Drive the Deal) and she confirmed that at that time, VW EuroCanterbury (they are independant, not part of a franchaise) would not have been able to get anywhere near the 12.5% discount figure I got.  Just as well I never bothered asking them then as this was the predicted response  :whistle:   
« Last Edit: 08 July 2015, 11:54 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline gaurav_aidasani

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2692 on: 08 July 2015, 13:11 »
Not sure to be honest (I'm lost with mirosoft OS!). Should work with either I guess. Let us know how you get on and what you think of it!

Offline mustard

• Here all the time
  • Mk7 R
« Reply #2693 on: 08 July 2015, 14:30 »
Not sure to be honest (I'm lost with mirosoft OS!). Should work with either I guess. Let us know how you get on and what you think of it!

Definitely works with Windows 7.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2694 on: 08 July 2015, 18:13 »
All good with today's service.  Got emailed the novelty health check video. Had them swap front tyres to rear and vice versa.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline ethmanp

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2695 on: 08 July 2015, 20:29 »
Have done a few bits to my car in the last couple of weeks/months: Upgraded the rears to LED's which look awesome especially on a black car. Have the front Bi-xenon DRL's but just need to find time and someone local with Vagcom before I take the leap!!

Added the interior LED light kit which looks fab and also installed the bluetooth module my RNS 510.

Had my A/C compressor replaced with a 2nd hand one and then had it charged - all in for £140 which I thought was a good price - nice ice cold car now!

Sorted the wastage rattle issue I had - YES!!! NO MORE RATTLE   :grin: (it rattled almost all the way from as soon as I lifted off the accelerator to when i put it back on) car now feels a bit more responsive also :)

With the decent weather we had just recently I saw it a good opportunity to give it a good clean. Products used were:
Valet Pro Advanced Neutral Snow Foam Pro
Dodo Juice Supernatural
DoDo Juice Blue Velvet Pro
Quarts tyre dressing

All bought on the recommendation of you guys, especially Booth and they do a great job of making my 6 year old car look nice and shiny! So thank you :)

Will try to upload some pictures to show shortly!
09 Gti, Black Pearl, DSG, Leather, Rear LEDs, Miltek Catback, APR Stage 1 intake

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2696 on: 08 July 2015, 20:33 »
Have done a few bits to my car in the last couple of weeks/months: Upgraded the rears to LED's which look awesome especially on a black car. Have the front Bi-xenon DRL's but just need to find time and someone local with Vagcom before I take the leap!!

Added the interior LED light kit which looks fab and also installed the bluetooth module my RNS 510.

Had my A/C compressor replaced with a 2nd hand one and then had it charged - all in for £140 which I thought was a good price - nice ice cold car now!

Sorted the wastage rattle issue I had - YES!!! NO MORE RATTLE   :grin: (it rattled almost all the way from as soon as I lifted off the accelerator to when i put it back on) car now feels a bit more responsive also :)

With the decent weather we had just recently I saw it a good opportunity to give it a good clean. Products used were:
Valet Pro Advanced Neutral Snow Foam Pro
Dodo Juice Supernatural
DoDo Juice Blue Velvet Pro
Quarts tyre dressing

All bought on the recommendation of you guys, especially Booth and they do a great job of making my 6 year old car look nice and shiny! So thank you :)

Will try to upload some pictures to show shortly!

Some very cool mods there, and some very cool detailing gear too  :wink:  :cool:

But more importantly.....pics, pics and, pics  :laugh:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #2697 on: 09 July 2015, 13:18 »
Was it the clip that sorted your wastegate rattle out?

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline jord91

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2698 on: 09 July 2015, 14:14 »
Spent 5 hours washing drying polishing and sealing :)

And as I just finished my bluefin remap turns up  :grin: :grin:

Offline ethmanp

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2699 on: 09 July 2015, 20:26 »
Seabrook - yes the clip has sorted it!

The one as in this video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvHeXQh2Fts
09 Gti, Black Pearl, DSG, Leather, Rear LEDs, Miltek Catback, APR Stage 1 intake