Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 653502 times)

Offline mustard

• Here all the time
  • Mk7 R
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #2630 on: 27 May 2015, 13:12 »

I got a health check video when mine went in. Never had it before.

My local dealer started this earlier in the year, the Touran went in in February for a service and got the video link with a list of things they though needed doing.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2631 on: 30 May 2015, 14:55 »
Snow foamed and washed, then as I was spraying tyre dressing onto the applicator, the wind picked up and blew it all over the clean bonnet and sides.  Had to give it a going over with Quick Detailer, I'd forgotten just how great Chemical Guys Speed Wipe is.

Topped up the Poorboys Wheel Sealant and realised the wheels could do a good decontamination, seem to have picked up a lot of crap during winter.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Medic1281

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2632 on: 30 May 2015, 15:55 »
Fitted a detachable tow bar, also fitted a rns510 dab and reverse camera. Then had a couple of things coded. But didn't go mad with the coding.
2013 Audi Q5, 3.0tdi Quattro. Carbonchip remap. Black.

Offline mavs

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2633 on: 30 May 2015, 19:35 »
Taken my new wheels off and returned them due to the fact they will not balance up correctly!  :cry: and seems as I have now sold my original wheels, had to revert to the farthers winter wheels and tyres for a couple of weeks whilst I find some new wheels  :huh:
59' GOLF MK6 GTI | Reflex Silver | APR Stage 1 | Neuspeed P-Flo Intake | 18" Anthracite TD Pro Race 1.2 Alloys | Heated Vienna Leather | RNS 510 | Cruise Control | Bi-Xenon LED DRL Headlights | OEM LED Tails

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #2634 on: 30 May 2015, 20:26 »
Had it at the dealers for an alignment check and set up. Ever since I refitted the Vancouvers with new rear tyres after winter, the steering wheel has been off center and it's not felt quite right. All as good as new now and it only cost £48.

I had a look around the new cars in the showroom whilst I was there, Golf GTE, Passat R-line, CC, T5 Kombi etc... but nothing got my attention. I think I've lost all interest in cars. I was more excited at the caravan dealers on the way back.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline ethmanp

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2635 on: 30 May 2015, 20:42 »
£48!? How so cheap!!?
09 Gti, Black Pearl, DSG, Leather, Rear LEDs, Miltek Catback, APR Stage 1 intake

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #2636 on: 30 May 2015, 20:44 »
I don't know. It was £100 2 years ago. Perhaps it's on promo? I didn't question it.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline VWhitehawk

• GTI forum regular
  • Candy White 2009 GTI
« Reply #2637 on: 31 May 2015, 20:50 »
Had it at the dealers for an alignment check and set up. Ever since I refitted the Vancouvers with new rear tyres after winter, the steering wheel has been off center and it's not felt quite right. All as good as new now and it only cost £48.

I had a look around the new cars in the showroom whilst I was there, Golf GTE, Passat R-line, CC, T5 Kombi etc... but nothing got my attention. I think I've lost all interest in cars. I was more excited at the caravan dealers on the way back.

Caravans? Oh dear, T5 combo and convert it to a camper!!  :whistle:

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #2638 on: 01 June 2015, 08:18 »

Way to small. Our current caravan is 7.1m long and is just about right for the 4 of us. Our kids are quickly out growing the bunk beds, so we need a 'van' with a more suitable layout.

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #2639 on: 01 June 2015, 10:15 »

Way to small. Our current caravan is 7.1m long and is just about right for the 4 of us. Our kids are quickly out growing the bunk beds, so we need a 'van' with a more suitable layout.
Dubber take a look at the hymer vans my dads been a caravaner for 50 odd years and he says it's the best he has had
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack