Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 653901 times)

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #2540 on: 13 April 2015, 13:41 »
I washed mine for the first time in a month yesterday, then cleaned the interior. I also fitted the Vancouvers back on it after it had been wearing my Passat's wheels over the winter. Not that they had winter tyres, it was because when it suffered a puncture then needed two new tyres some time ago, I took the opportunity to give the Vancs a really good clean, so put the Passat wheels on, as that car did have it's winter boots on.

Now I really need to get 4 new tyres for the Passat as winter tyres, a 1500kg caravan on the back and 18-20 degree temperatures last week made for some interesting handling characteristics.

Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline GS WAX

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2541 on: 13 April 2015, 19:12 »
Waved Goodbye to my trusty 35  :cry: :cry:

At least it's going to a good enthusiastic home :cool:
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #302

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2542 on: 13 April 2015, 23:13 »

Always sad to see a good car go.  Sounds like it going to a good home though, eases the pain a little  :smiley:

I'll be sorry to see my Mk6 go later this year  :sad:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline joe6

• I live here
« Reply #2543 on: 14 April 2015, 11:42 »
Managed to get a nail puncture right on the tyre shoulder so not repairable  :sick: and had to use the get you home spare. Felt really vulnerable at 50mph on the A1 with everything overtaking but some not realising my speed. Seems that most tyre retailers are out of Goodyear F1 A2s with 6 week wait. Managed to get the last 2 at one retailer but cannot deliver until Friday so car stays in the garage until then.
Mk6 GTI Carbon Grey, 2010 Bluetooth and voice fitted, a few VCDS mods still a comfortable family car. Red Scirocco 2011 twin charger stage 1 - enjoyable drive now gone.  White 2016 Polo GTI (roller skate on steroids) replaced with an Indium Grey 2019 7.5 GTI PP.

Offline Snooze

• I live here
« Reply #2544 on: 14 April 2015, 20:07 »

Always sad to see a good car go.  Sounds like it going to a good home though, eases the pain a little  :smiley:

I'll be sorry to see my Mk6 go later this year  :sad:

When's your R arriving booth?
2015 Mk7 Golf Gti 3dr Manual, Carbon Steel Grey, Michelin PS4's

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2545 on: 14 April 2015, 20:28 »

Well my unconfirmed build week is now week 24 (was 28).  That could move back or forth but if it stayed the same for confirmed BW then that's w/c 8th June build, so delivery approx 4 weeks after that, so arriving early to mid July.  Possibly.

Hoping it will drop back a bit as didn't really want it till Sept.  Depending on when it arrives I could ask the dealer to hang onto it till 1st Sept.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #2546 on: 14 April 2015, 21:23 »
gave it a bit of a work out  :evil: well i was late for my hospital appointment  :whistle:

Offline Snooze

• I live here
« Reply #2547 on: 15 April 2015, 07:39 »

Well my unconfirmed build week is now week 24 (was 28).  That could move back or forth but if it stayed the same for confirmed BW then that's w/c 8th June build, so delivery approx 4 weeks after that, so arriving early to mid July.  Possibly.

Hoping it will drop back a bit as didn't really want it till Sept.  Depending on when it arrives I could ask the dealer to hang onto it till 1st Sept.

Oh right. My unconfirmed build week was 19 arriving mid June. That's likely to change then? Originally I wanted it for September too, but I just want it ASAP now!

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2548 on: 15 April 2015, 14:21 »
Oh right. My unconfirmed build week was 19 arriving mid June. That's likely to change then? Originally I wanted it for September too, but I just want it ASAP now!

Well obviously the actual build week shouldn't be far off your unconfirmed but they can change, mine now being 4 weeks earlier than it was...at the moment.  And a few in the mk7 section have had yoyo buikd weeks.  But once it's confirmed and locked in that's it.

Below are the stages in more detail:

1: processing order - as it sounds.

2: with the factory - parts are being ordered and are awaiting supply dates

3: BW confirmed - all parts are at factory and they've confirmed a date for build.

4: Build in progress - as it sounds, although very often skipped on the tracker as actual build is only a couple of days. States is takes 4 weeks from start of build to delivery.

5a: in transit:left the factory - on it's way to Emden.

5b: in transit:shipping - at Emden waiting a boat. Normally received 48 hours after 5a.

5c: in transit:nearly here - on boat to either Grimsby, Tyne or Sheerness depending on dealer location.  At this stage VW can give you the name of the boat, but it sometimes skips this stage.  Now states 10 days to dealer.

6. Arrived in the UK - as stated, takes up to 10 days apparently, although they try and do it within 7.

7. At dealer - just needs PDI and valet and is ready for you.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Snooze

• I live here
« Reply #2549 on: 15 April 2015, 17:50 »
Great. Thanks for the info booth!