Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 654042 times)

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #1720 on: 20 July 2014, 22:10 »
Had a lovely weekend driving round and staying in the Cotswolds for my girlfriend's bday. Unfortunately the weather and small roads have resulted in this:

Looks like it's wash time tomorrow!!!

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1721 on: 20 July 2014, 23:18 »
Dan, the shame  :grin:

Actually mine's looking pretty much the same.  Was supposed to wash it today but other events took over! Glad I didn't bother as it p!ssed down with more sandy rain later.  It'll have to wait another week now :sad:

You gotta lose that dealer sticker in your rear window  :wink:
« Last Edit: 20 July 2014, 23:26 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #1722 on: 20 July 2014, 23:30 »
I know I feel ashamed to see it in such a state!!! I'm sure yours isn't as bad!

Yeah the dealer sticker is one of those jobs I've meant to do for ages but keep forgetting about, like the GTi badge on my front bumper which keeps going skewed because one of the fixings is broken.

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline VWhitehawk

• GTI forum regular
  • Candy White 2009 GTI
« Reply #1723 on: 21 July 2014, 09:00 »
Had a lovely weekend driving round and staying in the Cotswolds for my girlfriend's bday. Unfortunately the weather and small roads have resulted in this:

Looks like it's wash time tomorrow!!!

At least it shows you have been enjoying yourself.  :grin:

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #1724 on: 21 July 2014, 13:42 »
I sure did enjoy myself, some cracking roads around those parts  :evil:

Offline Snooze

• I live here
« Reply #1725 on: 21 July 2014, 18:42 »
Filth!  :whistle:
2015 Mk7 Golf Gti 3dr Manual, Carbon Steel Grey, Michelin PS4's

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #1726 on: 21 July 2014, 21:19 »
She's not quite so filthy today ;)

Offline JayGTD

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1727 on: 22 July 2014, 09:36 »
Drove it. :p
Deep black pearl GTD | 18" Charleston wheels | Kenwood DNX520VBT | VWR Springs | GTI backbox and diffuser | Red grill stripes | Bi-xenon LED Projector's with 6000K HID's | Full interior LED conversion | LED Number plate lights | Heko wind deflectors | JDM Broadway Rearview mirror | GTD Seat inserts | Stage 1+ remap | Vagcom gauge sweep | Vagcom large digital speedo | Vagcom teardrop wipers | WIFI OB2 connector w/ Dashcommands |

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #1728 on: 24 July 2014, 21:59 »
Left it at home so I could have a look at it tonight without been burned.

Think my oil feed to the turbo is weeping oil slightly :sad: New pipe time I guess...

Tried to remove the gear lever gaiter to see if I could see the gear lever cable ends inside the car but could not figure out how to get the gaitor out. Ive done it before too  :embarrassed:

Gear linkage cable in engine bay seems missing a dust cover  :undecided: this would explain why its going notchy.
Maybe time to S3 short shift it at the same time as greasing the cable end and linkage?
http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Jetta_IV--2.0/Drivetrain/Shifter/ES258765/
See if I can get any of that from the dealers.

I have also managed to loss a bolt out of the undertray  that I only fitted 2 weeks ago its somewere on the road to work  :whistle:
« Last Edit: 24 July 2014, 22:12 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1729 on: 24 July 2014, 23:09 »
Left it at home so I could have a look at it tonight without been burned.

Think my oil feed to the turbo is weeping oil slightly :sad: New pipe time I guess...

Tried to remove the gear lever gaiter to see if I could see the gear lever cable ends inside the car but could not figure out how to get the gaitor out. Ive done it before too  :embarrassed:

Gear linkage cable in engine bay seems missing a dust cover  :undecided: this would explain why its going notchy.
Maybe time to S3 short shift it at the same time as greasing the cable end and linkage?
http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Jetta_IV--2.0/Drivetrain/Shifter/ES258765/
See if I can get any of that from the dealers.

I have also managed to loss a bolt out of the undertray  that I only fitted 2 weeks ago its somewere on the road to work  :whistle:

The lower part of the gear lever gaitor just unclips from within the brushed chrome surround.  There's about 4 moulded plastic tabs that hold it in place and if you gently push down all around the edges it should spring free.  I only know because mine constantly comes unhooked and is a pain.    Not sure about removing the upper part that goes into the gear knob.
« Last Edit: 24 July 2014, 23:12 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11