Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 653719 times)

Offline spiderman

• Not said much yet
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #1350 on: 02 March 2014, 17:22 »
Reading this, this morning gave the inspiration to use the nice weather :rolleyes:

So thats mine Washed, de-tarred with dubs 40, winter wheels off, brake calipers cleaned and brakes checked, suspension checked and cleaned up, Monza's back on, pre-wax primer applied, 2 layers of Dodo juice BlueVelvet wax, back to black applied and a final buff up to leave her looking brand new :cool:

It does look good when properly cleaned.

I have also just ordered 4X Yokohama Advan V105S to be fitted friday  :smiley:

Sandy
Looking something classic

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1351 on: 02 March 2014, 17:29 »

I've got some GT85 in the garage, I might do a test with that. Both the red Golf and the Passat are in need of a post winter going over. The green Golf will be back from the bodyshop in a couple of weeks, so that will take over the duties of the pampered show and shine car, and with getting the house up together to put on the market, I really don't know when I'm going to find the time.

Yes, finding the time to do all this is the problem, fitting it in around work, family, children etc, is a challenge.  I'll need to take annual leave to do it.  Also, since my partner turned our garage into a gym, I now have to cart the car up to his industrial unit if I want to do anything major that requires it being kept under cover, otherwise it's out on the driveway at the mercy of the elements.  It requires a lot of planning.

Moving to somewhere with a nice long scrunchy gravel driveway?
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1352 on: 02 March 2014, 17:31 »
Reading this, this morning gave the inspiration to use the nice weather :rolleyes:

So thats mine Washed, de-tarred with dubs 40, winter wheels off, brake calipers cleaned and brakes checked, suspension checked and cleaned up, Monza's back on, pre-wax primer applied, 2 layers of Dodo juice BlueVelvet wax, back to black applied and a final buff up to leave her looking brand new :cool:

It does look good when properly cleaned.

I have also just ordered 4X Yokohama Advan V105S to be fitted friday  :smiley:

Sandy

Busy day then.   Now yours is all done, fancy a trip south to do mine  :laugh:

+1 on Dodo Juice Blue Velvet wax.  I've been using the Pro version and it's excellent on a black car.
« Last Edit: 02 March 2014, 17:51 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Obbzi

• I live here
« Reply #1353 on: 02 March 2014, 18:19 »
Finally got my Milltek fitted!  (Non-res cat back) :cool:

It's not as loud as I thought it would be, having preiously had a Milltek non-res on my R32, but when you give it some beans  :evil: :evil: The kids love it too ha ha ha!
2008 R32 DBP gone. 2008 GT TDI going 2009 GTI coming soon!

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #1354 on: 02 March 2014, 18:51 »

Moving to somewhere with a nice long scrunchy gravel driveway?

It would be nice, but something with garaging for 4, space.to park a 7.1m long caraven, and room to build an office would do
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #1355 on: 02 March 2014, 19:14 »
It would be nice, but something with garaging for 4, space.to park a 7.1m long caraven, and room to build an office would do
You dont ask for much do you  :grin:
Sounds ideal to me. :cool:
Gravel drives are just a pain anyway, the stones stick in your tyre treads and end up pinging down the side of the car or wheel arches. :wink:
« Last Edit: 02 March 2014, 19:22 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1356 on: 02 March 2014, 19:53 »

Garage needs to be bigger than the house then  :wink:

The house my neighbours just sold (the ones that moved to Shropshire) had pretty much what you've specified.  Just in the wrong county  :grin:

Gravel drives are just a pain anyway, the stones stick in your tyre treads and end up pinging down the side of the car or wheel arches. :wink:

True.  We've got a gravel driveway and though it's bonded, you still end up with stones in every crevice of the wheel arch and tyres.   Mind you, through weekly car cleaning, I've managed to jet wash most of the gravel away!
« Last Edit: 02 March 2014, 19:58 by Booth11 »
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #1357 on: 02 March 2014, 22:51 »

If you ever build a garage consider ~ 12ft ceilings or vaulted ceilings that way in the future you could add a 4 post lift and turn a single garage into a double  :wink: or even a double into a quad...

« Last Edit: 02 March 2014, 23:07 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #1358 on: 03 March 2014, 08:06 »
What if the one on top leaked?
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #1359 on: 03 March 2014, 18:48 »
http://www.bendpak.com/blog/new-plastic-drip-trays/
You can get drip trays to fill the gaps between the ramp sections. Also there are channels these fit into that act like gutters if it turns into a torrent...
Been there got the tshirt, had a radiator pipe burst  :grin: No harm done and a totally dry car under the lift.

Was just an idea if like me your short of land footprint size for a large garage.
I would love to just move my 17m x 7m garage I have about a dozen streets away to right next to the house but sadly I dont have the land and can only get planning for an 8m x 8m so need to find other ways to maximise car parking if I go ahead with the idea to move everything to one location.
I would want a lift of some type anyway.
« Last Edit: 03 March 2014, 19:19 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI