Author Topic: E3 2012  (Read 1395 times)

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
E3 2012
« on: 04 June 2012, 18:31 »
Internet Explorer is coming to the XBOX this year  :cool: and the ability to control it using your tablet or phone  :cool: 
Control your XBOX Dashboard from your 'touch screen device' using their 'SmartGlass'

Looks like MS are going to support iOS and Android too :shocked: 
Passat B5.5 2.3 V5 170, with all the extras.

Want some online storage? Click here to sign up for a Dropbox account.

But for the purest engine experience, displacement has no replacement. All other methods are simply attempts to artificially recreate the benefits of displacement.

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
Re: E3 2012
« Reply #1 on: 04 June 2012, 22:02 »
Internet Explorer is coming to the XBOX this year  :cool: and the ability to control it using your tablet or phone  :cool: 
Control your XBOX Dashboard from your 'touch screen device' using their 'SmartGlass'

Looks like MS are going to support iOS and Android too :shocked: 

Could be interesting, and so long as they do make it work on iOS it's good that they aren't trying to force their own tablets onto Xbox users.

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
« Reply #2 on: 05 June 2012, 09:47 »

But for the purest engine experience, displacement has no replacement. All other methods are simply attempts to artificially recreate the benefits of displacement.

Offline golf-sib

• I live here
  • Турботазик
« Reply #3 on: 18 June 2012, 09:37 »
Should they not really give us Firefox or Chrome instead?

IE really should be banned as a browser, especially how low its share in users is now days.

However I do think the idea is cool.

Audi TT - K04 TFSI Hybrid - 325BHP
VW Golf - k03 AGU - 200BHP

1.8T AGU..
R135
╚╬╬╝

My Chinese Bike project: http://xtrsproject.wordpress.com/

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
« Reply #4 on: 26 June 2012, 13:59 »
Should they not really give us Firefox or Chrome instead?

IE really should be banned as a browser, especially how low its share in users is now days.

However I do think the idea is cool.

It's still the most popular/used browser?  :huh: Chrome is close to taking over and depends on which stats company's data you look at depends on if Chrome has taken the crown yet or not, but as it stands most stats company's data still point at IE being the leader. For now.

Offline golf-sib

• I live here
  • Турботазик
« Reply #5 on: 26 June 2012, 14:45 »
www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp

IE is every webdesigners nightmare, plus more companies are slowly blocking alot of websites that are not inline with business use. So IE's share on each site it visits will also fall from the retarded network environment where it is still used.

Obviously not accurate stats, but to me slowly on a whole IE is dieing, most laptops I've worked on even from older folk have managed to install chrome or firefox and use it happily over IE.
« Last Edit: 26 June 2012, 14:48 by golf-sib »

1.8T AGU..
R135
╚╬╬╝

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
« Reply #6 on: 02 July 2012, 23:24 »
That's because most web developers are retards and like to blame IE for their inept coding skillz.

IE still has a very healthy share amongst average people.
The W3C stats are rather skewed because they'll be mostly be Chrome or FF loving, anti-IE or even anti-microsoft zealots.

Take a sample of stats from across board and you get a better picture for IE and worse for Chrome/FF, then scroll down to the bottom and you'll see skewed results as Ars have a more 'technical' reader base so you can understand Chrome/FF counting for more of the readership and IE in a low position.
http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2012/07/firefox-fights-back-holds-on-to-second-place-in-world-browser-shares/

Stats are stats, they differ from counter to counter, they're not hard facts.

Offline golf-sib

• I live here
  • Турботазик
« Reply #7 on: 02 July 2012, 23:58 »
I'd say its not the web designers, but rather the poor programmers that made IE, every other browser can do the job from, chrome, to firefox, to opera, to safari... But not IE.  :rolleyes: Then there's the continuous security risks, then theres "United States vs Microsoft"... TBH I'm very anti IE, but not anti M$  :grin:

However I am liking web designers for putting hilarious statements like this one on web pages:

This website does not function properly using any Internet Explorer (IE) browser. Please use the following browsers for best results: Firefox, Safari, Chrome, or Opera. Internet Explorer does not adhere to Industry Standards like other browsers. We can no longer afford to support it.

Statistics also vary widely, from site to site, region to region which I said so earlier as did yourself. But all in all, I'd still say IE is slowly dieing even by various sources scattered all over the web:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_web_browsers
Give it time and the beast will fall  :wink:

1.8T AGU..
R135
╚╬╬╝

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
« Reply #8 on: 03 July 2012, 08:46 »
I'll be sticking with IE10 for the most part, it works better than any previous versions and will sync my bookmarks on Win8 PC, Laptop, Tablet to my (hopefully) WP8 phone and Xbox. Security issues occur in all browsers, FF a few years ago was the most "holy" meaning it was more insecure than IE it just didn't have the user base worth exploiting, Chrome's sandboxing has been smashed a number of times. At least MS are taking a proactive approach to stop people from downloading potentially nasty software. The built in Tracking protection in IE is also very useful  :wink:

For each Browser there are lots of for and against arguments, I used to love Chrome I found it getting slower and IE10 makes more sense with what I want from it  :smiley: