Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 281217 times)

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #3970 on: 02 March 2014, 19:44 »
 :laugh: bring on the lickle teams to trundle round and pick up some points  :cool:

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #3971 on: 02 March 2014, 19:50 »
:laugh: bring on the lickle teams to trundle round and pick up some points  :cool:

Yup!!  Its the little teams with the Renault engine that have done more mileage than Red Bull and Lotus combined  :laugh: :laugh:

Offline northeast_gti-t

• Serious forum addict
  • "1.8T AGU"
« Reply #3972 on: 02 March 2014, 20:07 »
Thankfully mclaren are looking half decent  :smiley: :whistle:

They cant be worse than last season  :lipsrsealed: :undecided:
true rhys  :lipsrsealed: i certainly hope not at least need a decent season this year

For sure. It was sad to see them perform so badly last season

Glad Whitmarsh has gone though as they needed a shake-up. Strategy etc was very poor

Will any of the teams complete qualifying in Melborne let alone the race   :grin:
Definately never known such a poor performing car  :cry:

i liked whitmarsh but felt his strategys were to conservative compared to rival teams and yes poor also comes into it i'm glad ron dennis is back always admired him and he should give them the boot up the ass they need  :evil:
this is the big question  :grin: its a level playing field for all teams this season and should be very intresting :afro:
2000 Mkiv GTi 1.8T AGU

Offline MrBounce

• I live here
  • Bora TDi 130 Highline - usually filthy.
« Reply #3973 on: 04 March 2014, 17:18 »
One of my friends actually works for Red Bull on Vettel's car. I put some light-hearted banter on Facebook the other day, and he bit HARD. For someone so laid back to do this would point to the fact that he's working VERY hard and nothing's going right for RB at the moment. I have a feeling it may be a while before Vettel's winning ways come back.

I for one would love Williams to win at least once and especially for Massa to put one over on the Ferrari boys. That said, I can see most of the non-Renault teams doing well in the first half of the season.

Rosberg for champion?

Keeping schtum. Mostly.

Offline northeast_gti-t

• Serious forum addict
  • "1.8T AGU"
« Reply #3974 on: 04 March 2014, 21:31 »
One of my friends actually works for Red Bull on Vettel's car. I put some light-hearted banter on Facebook the other day, and he bit HARD. For someone so laid back to do this would point to the fact that he's working VERY hard and nothing's going right for RB at the moment. I have a feeling it may be a while before Vettel's winning ways come back.

I for one would love Williams to win at least once and especially for Massa to put one over on the Ferrari boys. That said, I can see most of the non-Renault teams doing well in the first half of the season.

Rosberg Button for champion? :afro:
:grin:
2000 Mkiv GTi 1.8T AGU

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #3975 on: 04 March 2014, 21:42 »
Renault were the ones that pushed for the new engine regs and yet seem to have built a dog that by all accounts is running @ around 125bhp less than the Merc, Ferrari is also having issues and they are around 75bhp down.

But none of it matters as the rules will be bent and twisted to help Renault and Red Bull back to the front :smiley:

In the interests of the sport if the Renault is crap they will have to make changes even after they were signed off and sealed early last week F1 cannot afford for them to walk away.

But Honda is back for 2015 and Cosworth are interested and with McLaren leaving Mercedes this year people are wondering will Red Bull make the switch to Mercedes for 2015 but I can think of reasons why that may never happen.

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #3976 on: 06 March 2014, 20:37 »
Williams have gone all classic this year.

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)
« Reply #3977 on: 07 March 2014, 12:18 »
I hope that Williams is as good as it looks. Be nice to see them win some races and get back to the top.

2007 VW Mk5 Golf GT 5 Door DSG
2009 VW Mk6 Golf GTI 5 Door DSG
2012 BMW F20 125i M Sport, Auto
2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline MrBounce

• I live here
  • Bora TDi 130 Highline - usually filthy.
« Reply #3978 on: 07 March 2014, 20:37 »
My Red Bull friend (who calmed down a bit after a talking to from his Mrs) says that the main issue this year is not speed, it's reliability. The real struggle will be getting the cars to the finish line. Australia will be interesting as it's known as a car breaker. I am tempted to put a cheeky tenner on a Williams being on the podium.  :smug:

Keeping schtum. Mostly.

VW BUSH

« Reply #3979 on: 07 March 2014, 22:41 »
Red bull have had a good run, time for a change. ...
Will be good to see how Seb deals with the frustration