Author Topic: LL's Mk3 1.8t Cab  (Read 438000 times)

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
Re: LL's Mk3 1.8t - Now CABRIO
« Reply #2940 on: 15 October 2012, 02:53 »
So made a great start on getting the electric windows, central locking and interior in:

Window loom, had to find it amongst an entire interior loom and chop the central locking wiring out of it

3.5 mirrors on

Heated seat loom/switch and finally got a tiny 16gb usb

Got the rear interior fitted

Front seats

Having trouble getting the front window mechs to work properly, trying to get them aligned so they go all the way up! The rear electric windows work great.

Roof adjusted, so it sits nice with the windscreen.

Central locking fitted and working.

Passenger heated seat works a treat, drivers doesn't! After Relay 59 now

That's that for the interior. Got a new drivers mech on order as the one have got broken somehow. Then just gotta get the front windows working sweet and get the door cards on!

Looking forward to getting the interior done so I can move onto fitting the VR6 slam/rad vento bumper and sort the bodywork ready for vinyl wrap.

And getting the splits built up....

Got the polished dishes back today!

Offline DanChave

• I live here
« Reply #2941 on: 15 October 2012, 10:04 »
Those Dishes <3 <3 <3 This is gonna look sick with those on and everything all wrapped!

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #2942 on: 15 October 2012, 17:44 »
Those Dishes <3 <3 <3 This is gonna look sick with those on and everything all wrapped!

Thats the plan, hopefully I can get it done asap cause I can't keep looking at it with the bodywork in the state its in :(

Offline dubsport

• I live here
  • TDI POWAR!
« Reply #2943 on: 17 October 2012, 21:13 »
Dude even with the body work how it is it still looks awesome!!

Looking forward to seeing it with rims and wrapped :afro:

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #2944 on: 18 October 2012, 00:51 »
Dude even with the body work how it is it still looks awesome!!

Looking forward to seeing it with rims and wrapped :afro:

Sick, thanks dude.

Me too!!!

Gavv8

« Reply #2945 on: 23 October 2012, 20:58 »
Can i ask how much the wrap cost for you 4door mk3, i think i'm going to wrap mine next year.

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #2946 on: 01 January 2013, 04:54 »
Fair bit has happened since last update!

So I got all the interior fitted and it looked great, super comfy. Although I created a terrible leak, which I figured out was coming from around the B-pillar (window adjustment), but more on that later.

After the interior I decided it was time to tidy the bodywork up. My plan was a cheap and easy rattle can layer to wrap on top of. There was a fair amount of bodywork to do and I hadn't planned on vinyl wrapping it anytime soon so seemed like a great idea.

Then it was sprayed!

As you can see in the pics, the paint went to sh!t. And continued to go to sh!t for the few weeks it was purple; the paint never seemed to harden. Soooo, the vinyl was ordered!

In the meantime the exhaust was fixed (where the exhaust meets the downpipe - needed an extra hanger) and ball joints/track rod ends were done and I got orange indicators.

Here it is inside before the strip down began

Wrap time!

Thats where it stands at the moment, only part to wrap is the bootlid, awaiting more vinyl. I messed it up, had a few problems wrapping on top of the crappy graffiti paint, but its turned out looking ok so I'm happy.

Next bits to do is finish cleaning the bumpers, bring the top section back to plastic

After the wrap I need to do the track rods and sort the wheel alignment out and fix the drivers heated seat (believe its the element). The other important thing to worry about is the roof leak! Played with the windows, adjusting them for a few hours today and think I have them sat in the right position but will have to test it later in the week with the hose.

Not too much to sort out really! Sooner the above gets sorted, the sooner I can build up the split rims!

Offline Buckfizzturbo

• Here all the time
« Reply #2947 on: 01 January 2013, 10:22 »
 :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
LowCollective - East Anglias Premier German Car Event - 07/09/14 IP14 6AT

Www.lowcollective.com please search 'low collective cars' on Facebook

Offline DanChave

• I live here
« Reply #2948 on: 01 January 2013, 19:11 »
Looking good man! Looking forward to seeing it all finished :)

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #2949 on: 01 January 2013, 20:16 »
That is going to look really good when it is finished.