Author Topic: LL's Mk3 1.8t Cab  (Read 438043 times)

Offline Dmonday

• I live here
Re: LL's MK3 20VT [Time to tidy things up]
« Reply #1380 on: 23 August 2010, 12:47 »
you live in a castle... wtf! :laugh: :grin:

Dan

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1381 on: 23 August 2010, 13:59 »
Wow.... Nothing else to say!!

Holy mother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been away from this site, buying an Alfa, breaking down, selling an Alfa, then buying an old Scirocco  :cool: Then I logon properly for the first time in a year and click on Dub Rides, 'Isn't that the guy who used to have caution tape on his car?'... Wait a minute, is that the same car??? HOLY CRAP!!!!!!

Massive respect  :smiley:

Thanks dude :)

I seriously just jizzed a little. :grin:

Thats disgusting.

But I understand and thank you :grin:

you live in a castle... wtf! :laugh: :grin:

Dan

Haha, I wish! 1930's architecture...

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
« Reply #1382 on: 23 August 2010, 14:13 »
This has transformed majorly!!

Was a caution taped, *Warning of slowness* to this amazing sleeper! I love it lol! Much respect from me!

I see what Chuff means, where is the bodging?  :rolleyes: :grin: :kiss:

I think you should go for the lows next!  :cool:

What does the engine bay look like? Does that need a tidy up?

Are those the rear lights you were talking to me about? if so, look :afro:

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1383 on: 23 August 2010, 15:06 »
This has transformed majorly!!

Was a caution taped, *Warning of slowness* to this amazing sleeper! I love it lol! Much respect from me!

I see what Chuff means, where is the bodging?  :rolleyes: :grin: :kiss:

I think you should go for the lows next!  :cool:

What does the engine bay look like? Does that need a tidy up?

Are those the rear lights you were talking to me about? if so, look :afro:

Cheers Jamie :)

Bodging is under the bonnet and yes it needs a tidy up :D

Its dirty and has exposed wiring (not the metal part, but just the odd wire shooting across the bay), just where I was getting it all working. The PAS fluid tank isn't properly fixed in place and the air filter isn't secured either. It all works, just needs a bit of time put in cleaning it and tidying it up. Ideally I need to replace most of the pipe work so I can route it differently so its more tidy.

So engine bay should please Chuff :D

Those are the rear lights, brand new Hella Red's :cool:

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
« Reply #1384 on: 23 August 2010, 15:58 »
I know exactly what you need to finish that boot off!!  :cool:

PM'd  :wink:

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1385 on: 26 August 2010, 08:33 »
Should have the leccy windows/mirrors in soon!

Debating on whether to take the engine out over the winter (insurance runs out beginning of December, so around then) and tidy the bay to the extreme; smooth it, spray it, clean up the engine, etc. Also would fit a new tdi box and replace all the hoses, re-routing it all, powder coat the boost piping, etc. Generally mint the bay

......or just tidy the bay up a little now. So spray inlet manifold and rocker cover, tidy the wiring, give as best a clean I can and attack the above at a later date.

I'm more for the first plan, maybe get it off the road earlier as I will probably start itching and get impatient!

Other problem is what colors? .....I'm thinking black, white, or something lairy like pink....

Offline Dmonday

• I live here
« Reply #1386 on: 26 August 2010, 08:35 »
Pinnnnnnnnnnnnnnk, doooo it :D! i'm with plan 1!

Dan

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1387 on: 26 August 2010, 08:41 »

Dan

Mmmm, I do like plan 1. I feel its a military style name, like Project Bay (wow check out my imagination!).

Defo going to be pink in there. I want pink, white and R32 Blue in there. I'm pretty sure I know what I want to be which colors. Maybe some black in there too. Rocker cover is going to be pink me thinks.

If this is going to be done properly the car needs to come off the road and the engine needs to come out. Time to find a garage and a spare car!

Offline Dmonday

• I live here
« Reply #1388 on: 26 August 2010, 08:48 »

Dan

Mmmm, I do like plan 1. I feel its a military style name, like Project Bay (wow check out my imagination!).

Defo going to be pink in there. I want pink, white and R32 Blue in there. I'm pretty sure I know what I want to be which colors. Maybe some black in there too. Rocker cover is going to be pink me thinks.

If this is going to be done properly the car needs to come off the road and the engine needs to come out. Time to find a garage and a spare car!

Gonna be good man :) i couldn't do my inlet or any part of my engine pink as i think about it haha, i think the bay pink is enough for me :D

and Project bay is full on win ;) what you going to smoothhhh?

Dan

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #1389 on: 26 August 2010, 09:04 »
Should have the leccy windows/mirrors in soon!

Debating on whether to take the engine out over the winter (insurance runs out beginning of December, so around then) and tidy the bay to the extreme; smooth it, spray it, clean up the engine, etc. Also would fit a new tdi box and replace all the hoses, re-routing it all, powder coat the boost piping, etc. Generally mint the bay

......or just tidy the bay up a little now. So spray inlet manifold and rocker cover, tidy the wiring, give as best a clean I can and attack the above at a later date.

I'm more for the first plan, maybe get it off the road earlier as I will probably start itching and get impatient!

Other problem is what colors? .....I'm thinking black, white, or something lairy like pink....

Please not pink, satin black or same colour as the car.