Author Topic: Car stolen this morning gutted  (Read 15290 times)

Offline Tone2have

• GTI forum regular
  • Gutted - stolen April 10 but now black is back!
Re: Car stolen this morning gutted
« Reply #80 on: 18 February 2011, 22:12 »
When mine got nicked I felt exactly the same way. How would I be able to sleep at night & protect my family?? When the car was found, it did feel like damaged goods. Worst if all is my boy is so jumpy if I go out. But you do have to get back on the horse (if you can afford the insurance premiums) & I can honestly say it's worth it. Keep the faith.

GTI MK6 black, man, 5 dr, 18" Monza shadow, Xenons, RCD510 Dyna Audio, Winter pack, ordered Sept 2009 - Delivered April 2010, stolen next day - gutted

Offline AndyC

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #81 on: 12 October 2011, 00:05 »
The door itself was fine. Its actually a hardwood door but fronted with metal inside and out so very solid. The weakpoint was the frame where the locks engaged into. This just shattered away. I guess they will always find the weak point in your house. I spent quite a bit of money ensuring they could get round to the back of the property.

I dont know if the Revo disable button is good or bad? Would they not just come and beat the crap out of you until you told them what to do? I was told by the police about a device that disables the car after it has gone a mile - any one seen this in action?

Glad you and your family are ok!

The device the police are talking about is a clifford blackjax.  Its an anti Hijacking tool which means everytime you open the door you have to type a code into your car.  I have one.  http://www.clifford.co.uk/Products/Product.aspx?ProductID=751

The Blackjax alone is £250 fitted.

Previous:- Pearl Black Golf GTI MK5

Previous:-White Golf GTI MK6

Currently:-White Golf R

Offline andyr

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #82 on: 12 October 2011, 09:35 »
Wow! Only just seen this thread!
Let me add my feelings to the rest of the posters here and to say that I also had my Bora PD150 nicked by the B**st*rds a few years ago, early hours of the morning, front door forced and car/door keys taken, everything else (camera/wallet/purse etc) left alone.
It was used the same day in an attempted armed robbery in a fuel station in Faversham, Kent on the A299. We often wonder if they were 'tooled up' when stealing the car and what would have happened if we slept with the keys??!!

Let me add that if anyone here has a Upvc front door, when going to bed, then throw the deadlocks by lifting the handle (or whatever your door needs to achieve this) AND LOCK THE DOOR WITH THE KEY I'm still amazed at how many people think that JUST throwing the deadlocks is enough without locking with the key!! The deadlocks can be overcome from outside by just turning the door handle which leaves the door only held in the frame by the single latch by the lock.... and with a tiny bit of flexing with a screwdriver - or whatever they use - the door will pop open!!
ALWAYS USE THE KEY!!!

Another thing, never think you can outsmart these scum, they do it for a living and have seen it all before!

We got the car back, but it was never the same, I actually never even popped the bonnet for a year and the latch rusted shut!!
Mk VI Black Pearl GTD.... No Frills, replaced a Black Pearl PD150 Bora, which in turn replaced a Dragon Green VR6 which followed a Dusty Mauve MK III 8v Gti.