Poll

What version of software is your car running?

7 (8.8%)
24 (30%)
11 (13.8%)
11 (13.8%)
Something else
27 (33.8%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Author Topic: Mk8 software version poll  (Read 101681 times)

Offline RoryB

• Not said much yet
Re: Mk8 software version poll
« Reply #600 on: 28 September 2022, 16:15 »
My CS was in today for alternator belt and tensioner replacement today got the car back with SOS Fault... "Needs control module replaced" 3 months and 5,000kms in and it's my first software issue.

Gone: Mk 5 GT Sport 140
Sticking around: Mk 7 GTD
Current: Mk 8 GTI Clubsport

Offline BillSan

• Here all the time
« Reply #601 on: 28 September 2022, 16:41 »
My CS was in today for alternator belt and tensioner replacement today got the car back with SOS Fault... "Needs control module replaced" 3 months and 5,000kms in and it's my first software issue.

It's the first time I've heard of that message so it may be a genuine bad bit of luck, unlike the other recurrent messages which are undoubtedly due to poor software.

Doesn't help you, but these things do happen with other makes and models too.
Pure White Mk8 Clubsport
TD Motorsport Pro Y Spoke Wheels
1899 Software but new s/wheel & no bongs since 4/1/24

Gone: Mk7.5 GTE

Offline carlt69

• Not said much yet
« Reply #602 on: 28 September 2022, 17:06 »
Latest update on my car which was updated to 1896 about two months ago is that the 'XXX assist is not available' messages are now hindering nearly every journey.  The messages flash up and, most of the time, disappear almost immediately.  The constant bong sounds are very irritating.  Only rarely do the warning messages stay on for more than a few seconds.

It usually happens when the wheels are being turned for low speed corners or reversing manoeuvres and I know others have been advised that a steering wheel replacement will resolve it, it's just a shame that in the cases I've read, it hasn't fixed anything!

VW must be needlessly spending a fortune on replacing steering wheels and don't appear to have a clue what the real problem is.

Mine keeps on saying assist error so I just took it into vw and they said it might need a new steering wheel but they’ll have to run diagnostics first!
MK8 GTi in Moonstone Grey

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #603 on: 28 September 2022, 18:53 »
Given the number of software issues in this thread and how many are still having issues post the big update (for those that have had it) - since these cars are fast approaching three years old and hence going out of warranty, I wonder how VW are going to deal with them post warranty?
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #604 on: 28 September 2022, 19:56 »
Given the number of software issues in this thread and how many are still having issues post the big update (for those that have had it) - since these cars are fast approaching three years old and hence going out of warranty, I wonder how VW are going to deal with them post warranty?

That’s a very good question. If this was the US / Canada, then it wouldn’t surprise me if VW provide an extended warranty for software related issues. I doubt that’ll happen in the UK though - most likely, owners will be expected to foot the bill.
« Last Edit: 28 September 2022, 21:39 by SRGTD »
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #605 on: 28 September 2022, 20:41 »
I'm still hoping for maybe a week of ownership without any f'ing errors... Just one week before it goes back would be nice...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Foxy367

• Here all the time
  • Here All Week
« Reply #606 on: 29 September 2022, 13:12 »
Its getting beyond irritating now. Mine has had the travel assist and Emergency Assist fault on and off since pre software update. I was told it would be fixed with the 1896 update (it wasn't) booked it in to look at whilet they sorted the squeaky suspension out. They claimed there wasn't a log of it. It was booked in again and I told them about the new steering wheel which is apparently a cure and sent them a video of it happening when I'm driving. Apparently this is now with VW technical to decide on the solution.

The annoying thing is its otherwise a great car but I'm at the point of cutting and running but to what I don't know. Sensible family car or something like a Hyundai I30N?
Current - Awaiting a milkfloat
Previously
2021 Mk8 GTI Clubsport - Atlantic Blue
2017 MK7.5 GTI Performance - Tornado Red
First steps into Golf ownership -
2003 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Oceanic Green
2002 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Reflex silver

Offline carlt69

• Not said much yet
« Reply #607 on: 19 October 2022, 15:51 »
Mine has been into vw for diagnosis due to the assist errors and yup it needs a new steering wheel and a 8hr update   :shocked:

I hoping it will all be sorted after.  :huh:
MK8 GTi in Moonstone Grey

Offline BillSan

• Here all the time
« Reply #608 on: 19 October 2022, 20:40 »
Mine has been into vw for diagnosis due to the assist errors and yup it needs a new steering wheel and a 8hr update   :shocked:

I hoping it will all be sorted after.  :huh:

I genuinely wish you the best of luck.  Lots of others have been told the same with limited success.
Pure White Mk8 Clubsport
TD Motorsport Pro Y Spoke Wheels
1899 Software but new s/wheel & no bongs since 4/1/24

Gone: Mk7.5 GTE

Offline simonwhite2000

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #609 on: 31 October 2022, 11:38 »
Had my new car a week (MY23 model) and all been fine until this morning. Didn't ask me to input my pin and I had a notification that there was no internet connection giving meaning I have the man with the top hat icon.

Have restarted the car a few times but continues to do the same. Anyone had similar and can recommend a few things to try? Was hoping given my new car was brand new it would be plain sailing!
Awaiting: Mk8 GTI CS
2020: BMW 840 Gran Coupe
2017: Audi B9 S5 Coupe
2014: Mk7 Golf R manual