Author Topic: DTUK CRD-T BOX -- GTD 240BHP??  (Read 70624 times)

Offline MajorKhan

• GTI forum regular
Re: DTUK CRD-T BOX -- GTD 240BHP??
« Reply #40 on: 11 July 2014, 14:33 »
Hi guys,

so I take it no one is disputing 240bhp...what about the torque figures??? looking to buy one this month, any body selling theirs?
From a Pulsar GTIR, MK4 Golf 1.8t, BMW 1series, BMW 330, Merc C280, A3 TDi, A4 2.0t Quattro...on order Mk7 T/Red GTD nav/pan roof/dynoaudio and ABT headlight brow BW44!

Offline TheCarMadDad

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #41 on: 11 July 2014, 15:04 »
I don't doubt the torque figures for a second. I'm sure Andrew has a graph showing both hp and torque increase on the development thread.

As for buying one.... Don't be a tight arse, buy a new one! We already get a healthy discount and the support is second to none!
2014 Mk7 Golf GTD 5dr | Tornado Red | Keyless Entry | Climate Comfort Screen > Which means I also have the ATP. Also fitted with DTUK Stage 2 box ...Loving every second behind the wheel!

Previous...
2008 Toyota Prius T Spirit (fastest 0-15mph car I have ever owned :p )
2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SW
2003 Lexus IS300
2002 Seat Leon Cupra R

Offline MajorKhan

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #42 on: 11 July 2014, 15:12 »
well said ...cant stop laughing...suppose i did deserve the comment :-)
From a Pulsar GTIR, MK4 Golf 1.8t, BMW 1series, BMW 330, Merc C280, A3 TDi, A4 2.0t Quattro...on order Mk7 T/Red GTD nav/pan roof/dynoaudio and ABT headlight brow BW44!

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #43 on: 12 July 2014, 17:54 »
This probably belongs in the mpg thread, but as it's achieved with the DTUK box on, I thought I would comment here.

Took a trip down to Leeds today (105 miles each way), by far the furthest my GTD has been since new.

On the way down, 22C ambient temp in the morning, stopping at Stockton 1/3 of the way down and doing 80mph all the way down the A19 and A1, the car averaged 55mpg (indicated). The car was in Sport mode and the aircon was on all the way.

On the way back, it was 27C ambient until we were around Durham and it clouded over, dropping to 22C. The car was looking to be managing 57mpg doing 80mph all the way back until we hit about 6 miles of 50mph roadworks with average speed cameras and the mpg climbed steadily, end result for the return journey was 61.4mpg, doing 80-85mph (apart from the average speed camera zone and a few spurts to 90mph).

Bear in mind that the car is reading 9% optimistic with the box on vs 3% without, we're probably talking about equivalent indicated stock 52mpg/50mpg actual there and 58mpg stock indicated/55mpg actual back - with the aircon on! A smidge better than the best ever with my Scirocco (59mpg indicated/54mpg actual) on a 350 mile journey.
« Last Edit: 12 July 2014, 20:30 by monkeyhanger »
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline stuart.cameron

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #44 on: 18 July 2014, 10:03 »
Ordered yesterday with the help of Andrew!

Can't wait to try it out today :)
Current // Golf GTD 3dr DSG - Carbon Grey | Discovery Nav Pro, Keyless Entry, Park Assist, Reverse Camera, Winter Pack
Previous // Polo GTI 6r - Black | Xenons, MFSW, Winter Pack, Sensor Pack, Convenience Pack, Climate Control, RNS 510 w/Bluetooth

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #45 on: 18 July 2014, 11:22 »
You'll need to give us a review.

I'm patiently waiting till the end of the month.  :undecided:
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline stuart.cameron

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #46 on: 18 July 2014, 13:20 »
Doh. It's at the post office! Will have to wait until tomorrow :(
Current // Golf GTD 3dr DSG - Carbon Grey | Discovery Nav Pro, Keyless Entry, Park Assist, Reverse Camera, Winter Pack
Previous // Polo GTI 6r - Black | Xenons, MFSW, Winter Pack, Sensor Pack, Convenience Pack, Climate Control, RNS 510 w/Bluetooth

Offline stuart.cameron

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #47 on: 18 July 2014, 14:15 »
False alarm, father saved the day and picked it up!

Offline virginVWman

• Here all the time
« Reply #48 on: 18 July 2014, 17:36 »
False alarm, father saved the day and picked it up!

Lol youl be fitting this tonight and out ASAP I can imagine, its a blast in 3rd past 3000rpm
Mk VII 3dr GTD in DBP
Fitted DTUK Stage 2 (CRD-T)

Offline stuart.cameron

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #49 on: 22 July 2014, 15:37 »
Finally got some time sitting in an airport to write a little review.

Okay, so first impressions are wow!

Delivery: Ordered Thursday afternoon, received Friday (via the post office)

Fitting: Fitted it on the Friday after work and took about 20 minutes to install. Quick tip is to let the engine cool down before trying to fit, but I didn't want to wait.

Instructions: They aren't the clearest so I took some photos and will do a post about fitting afterwards.

Testing: I installed it on 4 + 1 due to the recommendations on this forum, and think I'll leave it on it. The pull in 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th is silly! 0-60 times seem to have improved and overtaking is a doddle. 1st and 2nd is hard to get the power down but other than that the overall increase in power and torque seems to be spot on.

Verdict: Buy one you'll love it!

ps. Wheelspin at 60mph in the wet is scary