Author Topic: Leather Interior Cleaner  (Read 2563 times)

Offline drivebycar

• Here all the time
Leather Interior Cleaner
« on: 29 September 2008, 09:34 »
Hello!

Just got a nice tasty tan leather interior for the golf, but has a few marks and stuff on it. Whats the best to clean it without damaging it?

Thanks
Ollie
Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a car that you are still paying for - in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.

Offline 182_blue

• I live here
Re: Leather Interior Cleaner
« Reply #1 on: 29 September 2008, 10:18 »
well, just a moist sponge with a mild soap on will do it, but if you want a product try the Gliptone leather cleaner and afterwards treat it with Gliptone leather conditioner

Offline drivebycar

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 29 September 2008, 10:38 »
Wicked, yeah wanted to get the marks off it, then treat it to keep it good ideally  :cool:
Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a car that you are still paying for - in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.

Offline drivebycar

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 29 September 2008, 16:09 »
any more for any more?

Offline 182_blue

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 29 September 2008, 19:26 »
you dont need anymore, i told you the best LOL

if you want to go the halford route then try the Autoglym stuff, but i would get the gliptone

http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=57

http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=56

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
« Reply #5 on: 29 September 2008, 23:41 »
just to ad to whats been said give them a good clean,then the most important bit is getting them soft and supple again, consider getting some bees wax to put on after you've conditioned them, bees wax will help keep them supple and repells water/moisture
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!

NewGolf

« Reply #6 on: 30 September 2008, 07:31 »
just to ad to whats been said give them a good clean,then the most important bit is getting them soft and supple again, consider getting some bees wax to put on after you've conditioned them, bees wax will help keep them supple and repells water/moisture

Won't that make them all slippery, as its a wax? I also doubt it will do anything as once you have used the conditioner the leather wont absorb anything else.  :wink:

Offline drivebycar

• Here all the time
« Reply #7 on: 30 September 2008, 09:06 »
This is Mr.Leather speaking!!  :laugh:  :wink:

Offline MrTurner

• I live here
  • Facelift leon cupra
« Reply #8 on: 30 September 2008, 09:49 »
I've used poorbys leather cleaner before.  You can leave it, or buff it off.  The sofa at home comes up a treat with it  :grin:

Offline 182_blue

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 30 September 2008, 13:33 »
Most leathers these days arent leather, its a plastic coating sprayed/ applied on a leather hide, so a sponge clean will suffice, that said a conditioner can still keep the plastic feeling supple