Author Topic: FULL DETAIL ON F17BAD, PIC HEAVY  (Read 9463 times)

Offline Matty-MK3

• I live here
  • Automatic boats FTW.
Re: FULL DETAIL ON F17BAD, PIC HEAVY
« Reply #20 on: 27 June 2010, 19:04 »
WOW! :cool:

Amazing work there mate, the tint on the rear lights look spot on! :cool:

:afro:
Golf MK3 1.8 auto and I didn't pay a grand for the "priveledge" :grin:, auto windows all round and a AC. Oh and I've got a luggage net you pricks!

Does that make my willy look bigger?

Oh yeah it's called Helda or something....

kells

« Reply #21 on: 27 June 2010, 20:24 »
cheers dude  :cool:

Offline sharki786

• I live here
  • GOT BOOST??
« Reply #22 on: 27 June 2010, 20:34 »
SEXYYYY!!!
*****MK3 Anniversary*****
*****MK4 GTI T*****

Offline zdebx

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 27 June 2010, 20:56 »
Where did you get the respray?  :laugh:

Looks brand-new, mate.
My Golf mk3 1.8 SE is FOR SALE - Jetex exhaust + Jamex coilies & More...Only £550! More info here > http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=161711.0

jamrock

« Reply #24 on: 27 June 2010, 22:45 »
 :cool: :cool:

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #25 on: 28 June 2010, 09:03 »
looking good

did they use the G3 compound wet? makes a lot of splatter dunnit?!  :laugh:

what did they follow up with? G10?

Wet yes, and bloody hell mate LOADS of splutter!!!! haha :laugh:

then G10 i think then the swirl remover, we were on it for about 11 hours in total

the microfibres are now washed and away safe  :cool:

cheers for other nice comments guys  :cool:

to do a decent job you need to spend a decent amount of time on the car... which is why when people say 'I can get it buffed for £50' I let them get on with it... as there is no way that anyone could make a living from spending a day on a car for £50

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
« Reply #26 on: 28 June 2010, 09:47 »
looking good

did they use the G3 compound wet? makes a lot of splatter dunnit?!  :laugh:

what did they follow up with? G10?

Wet yes, and bloody hell mate LOADS of splutter!!!! haha :laugh:

then G10 i think then the swirl remover, we were on it for about 11 hours in total

the microfibres are now washed and away safe  :cool:

cheers for other nice comments guys  :cool:

to do a decent job you need to spend a decent amount of time on the car... which is why when people say 'I can get it buffed for £50' I let them get on with it... as there is no way that anyone could make a living from spending a day on a car for £50

and a £50 job will be cheap and nasty, peoples faces drop when i quote them for correction work but they dont have a clue whats involved and how long it takes to do this kind of thing to a very high standard.
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #27 on: 28 June 2010, 09:54 »
What did you use to get the barnacles off?

Nick

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #28 on: 28 June 2010, 11:21 »
What did you use to get the barnacles off?

Nick

i use a plastic putty knife and then an acid based cleaner combined with a pressure washer  :wink:

kells

« Reply #29 on: 28 June 2010, 11:27 »

Guy, you would get on with my mate sooo well, this is exactly what he was saying, when people ask the price for this job doing they usually cannot get why a machine polish is the price it is, but when it takes a full day to do the full job i now see why, not only that but also then you have the products used, obviously he didnt charge me as he is one of my best mates, but i did use some of my own productd and i did help out, i gave my mate 70 quid as  he did a fantastic job and im not taking the p1ss out of my mates by letting him do it for free (tried to give him 100 but he would not have it)  i think he usually charges betwen £120 and £150, or for £200 he has a package which basically includeds the inside, outside, engine bla bla (not exactly sure but he says its like a valet which would be like a "show ready" sort of thing

he also says he has seen mates in the past who have gone out and bought a rotary etc and then  hand out leaflets.. then ruin peoples paint work!!  

Its the sort of job should be left to those who know what they are doing, and Guy if you had been local to leeds i would have most certainly given you some suport and had you come work on the car

Nick they came off quite easily with the G3, key is to keep up with them  :grin:

« Last Edit: 28 June 2010, 11:28 by kells »