Author Topic: Chemical Guy's JetSeal 109  (Read 8582 times)

Offline Dave_IOW

• Forum addict
Re: Chemical Guy's JetSeal 109
« Reply #20 on: 29 April 2010, 22:55 »
I used SRP and worked OK for me.

I know it only hides inperfections, but aslong as they are sealed afterwards, should be ok until you strip everything off and start again?

I went for;
Born to be mild             - shampoo
Bilt hamber                  - clay
BTBM again                  - shampoo
AG SRP                        - polish / filler
Poorboys wet look mirror - Glaze ?
Jetseal 109 x 2             - sealer
Collinite 845 x2             - wax

Then washed in BTBM shampoo next weekend and stuck another layer of the collinite stuff on..

Lots of work but shines and just needs quick rinse and dry to bring it all back, 3 weeks on, still shiny after just water..
Project: Mk2 20vT trackslag
Daily: Mk2 GTI typ19

Offline BJD

• GTI forum regular
  • G2 GTI 16V - G4 TDI 130
« Reply #21 on: 29 April 2010, 23:05 »
Hard work pays off! How did you find the Bilt hamber clay? Did u use water as a lube? My first time claying, so all tips please  :grin:

Offline JasonPD

• Not said much yet
« Reply #22 on: 30 April 2010, 08:57 »
I'd agree that Dodo are fantastic waxes (used most of them and it is all down to budget and colour as to which you choose) but I personally have not used JetSeal before.  It sounds a bit like overkill using both and I'd want to check first (if it was me) with Dodo that their wax will bond to a surface that has been JetSealed.  Some sealants like OptiSeal are fine to put before a wax but others like Nanolex are not.

Dodo waxes offer better durability if the paint if properly prepared with their Lime Prime pre wax cleaner.  2-3 coats of wax should keep your ride protected for several months.  I'd leave a day between coats to allow to cure. 

Hope this helps

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
« Reply #23 on: 30 April 2010, 10:19 »
I'd agree that Dodo are fantastic waxes (used most of them and it is all down to budget and colour as to which you choose) but I personally have not used JetSeal before.  It sounds a bit like overkill using both and I'd want to check first (if it was me) with Dodo that their wax will bond to a surface that has been JetSealed.  Some sealants like OptiSeal are fine to put before a wax but others like Nanolex are not.

Dodo waxes offer better durability if the paint if properly prepared with their Lime Prime pre wax cleaner.  2-3 coats of wax should keep your ride protected for several months.  I'd leave a day between coats to allow to cure. 

Hope this helps

jetseal is applyed for uv/contaminent protection and dodo waxs go over the top of it fine with no bonding issues;)
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #24 on: 30 April 2010, 10:32 »

Hope this helps

do you work for dodo juice?

Offline asif

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 30 April 2010, 13:48 »
Jeez guys yesterday and today are the first time i've been in the detailing section and you guys proper got some knowledge on detailing.
MK7 GT Bluemotion Tech TDi

Offline Dan J

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 30 April 2010, 14:00 »
Jeez guys yesterday and today are the first time i've been in the detailing section and you guys proper got some knowledge on detailing.

thank you sir :smiley:

guy and myself are pro's thats why :wink:

Offline asif

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 30 April 2010, 14:02 »
Oh right you and guy work together as Tona valetting then I take it.

I know who to go to for info now then, thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Cleaning my own car is hard and time consuming I don;t know how you guys do it for others.
MK7 GT Bluemotion Tech TDi

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #28 on: 30 April 2010, 14:06 »
if you think these guys are anal you should check out

www.detailingworld.co.uk

:nerd:

Offline Dan J

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 30 April 2010, 14:12 »
if you think these guys are anal you should check out

www.detailingworld.co.uk

:nerd:

lol i seem to live on DW atm, and yes im as anal as the members on there.

@ asif: guy runs TONA and works for himself, my companys not running atm due to my wife being ill, but will be running again very soon :wink:
« Last Edit: 30 April 2010, 14:14 by dubplate Dan »