Author Topic: i am 19 and not sure about this quote  (Read 7652 times)

Offline Dec

• I live here
Re: i am 19 and not sure about this quote
« Reply #40 on: 21 December 2007, 09:32 »
Insurance is very expensive for younger drivers for good reason. I agree that some of the quotes for younger drivers seem extortianate, however i can see it from the other side too. Insurance companies are business after all who have to make money, very few companies will make much, if any, money out of young drivers as the amount paid out for claims is overall often equal/more to the premium taken in.

Martin  :smiley:

When i was looking for quotes i realised that i havent paid to insure my car at all mearly just repair someone elses if i hit it :undecided: thats how i see it anyway.

I am however fully comp but my cars just going to get written off if it gets damaged :angry:

Fully comp saves the hassle of third party as some of my friends have had to do alot of chasing up after an accident :sad:

Offline martinb

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #41 on: 21 December 2007, 10:05 »

When i was looking for quotes i realised that i havent paid to insure my car at all mearly just repair someone elses if i hit it :undecided: thats how i see it anyway.

I am however fully comp but my cars just going to get written off if it gets damaged :angry:

Fully comp saves the hassle of third party as some of my friends have had to do alot of chasing up after an accident :sad:

I know what you are saying but it really depends on how much you save. My personal opinion is that if the cost of the insurance is a lot more than the value of the car then there is little point paying the extra for Comprehensive, as you said the cover will pay for the damage to any car you hit on third party or comp and you could just save the money you saved on the insurance to put towards repairing/replacing your own car.

Other factors to consider are also that as well as the initial cost of the policy, on Comp there will normally be an accidental damage excess to pay, you will lose your ncb + probably have to pay extra in the future as a result of having lost your no claims and having made a claim so the cost of claiming any damage to your own car would probably far outweigh the cost of the damage itself hence i would only be worried about any damage to a third party.

If you have legal cover then they should do any chasing for you.

I hope that makes sense and like i said that is only my own opinion, its totally up to you what cover you choose.

Martin  :smiley:

Offline Mikester

• Forum addict
  • Civic Type R
« Reply #42 on: 24 December 2007, 23:49 »
Unless the car is on finance or worth over 4k the i wont get fully comp, no point to it. Just costs more all around

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #43 on: 25 December 2007, 09:08 »
Unless the car is on finance or worth over 4k the i wont get fully comp, no point to it. Just costs more all around

It was only £100ish more for fully comp i think so seemed like the right thing to do at the time :undecided:

Offline Mikester

• Forum addict
  • Civic Type R
« Reply #44 on: 30 December 2007, 15:48 »
indeed, your better of with fully comp, but its not alawys worth the cost for the car you drive, but for only £100 more, why not.

Offline leighj

• Not said much yet
« Reply #45 on: 23 January 2008, 17:59 »
im 19 with 2 yrs no claims, and got a mk3 1.9td ma insurance is only £295  :smiley:

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #46 on: 23 January 2008, 18:29 »
im 19 with 2 yrs no claims, and got a mk3 1.9td ma insurance is only £295  :smiley:

Do you happen to live in the Sahara Desert?

Offline Mikester

• Forum addict
  • Civic Type R
« Reply #47 on: 23 January 2008, 23:19 »

Do you happen to live in the Sahara Desert?

Mummy and Daddys boy probably.

Offline leighj

• Not said much yet
« Reply #48 on: 24 January 2008, 10:24 »
actually i live in scotland, and im a girl!
Oh and i pay for it myself and its in my own name, never had my parents pay for ma car or insurance
« Last Edit: 24 January 2008, 10:26 by leighj »

Offline â„¢MiKeYâ„¢

• GTI forum regular
  • Golf Mrk II 16v 1.8 Gti, Superchipped
« Reply #49 on: 24 January 2008, 10:29 »

:huh: how cheap?!  :sad: unfair... lol
MikeY