Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 287682 times)

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #3510 on: 24 June 2012, 17:09 »
i blame sam michael  :grin: has brought williams bad luck from last season to mclaren

the pit stop error looked like a faulty jack

two of them?
Mk3 Golf Gti:Full Milltek system and Decat,K&N filter,mk2 Cam,-1.5 degree camber shims, borbet a's, toyo proxies,hot tuning coils, brembo vented discs, greenstuff pads...Soon to have Eaton Power

mk3 16v 5dr Gti,mintex extreme pads,drilled/grooved discs,lowered,cat back powerflow system,omp panel filter with modified airbox,debadged grill, started prep for spraying, lots to come :D

Bumper Vents :D

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #3511 on: 24 June 2012, 17:23 »

Please remind me...

well a very relevant example is hamilton vs maldonado at monaco 2011, remember that one? He pulled a similar move from behind on Massa in the very same race, both examples he had no right to go up the inside.

What about him taking out massa at the indian gp 2011, very similar situation to the above examples.

What about him crashing into a stationary raikkonen in the pits at canada 2008, probably the biggest rookie mistake ever

want more?

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #3512 on: 24 June 2012, 17:25 »
i blame sam michael  :grin: has brought williams bad luck from last season to mclaren

the pit stop error looked like a faulty jack

two of them?

yeah looked like it  :grin: someone's in the sh!t, quite an easy problem to solve though, apparently mclaren have been averaging 2.5 sec pitstops in practice so they just need to get rid of the stupid mistakes

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #3513 on: 24 June 2012, 17:49 »

Please remind me...

well a very relevant example is hamilton vs maldonado at monaco 2011, remember that one? He pulled a similar move from behind on Massa in the very same race, both examples he had no right to go up the inside.

What about him taking out massa at the indian gp 2011, very similar situation to the above examples.

What about him crashing into a stationary raikkonen in the pits at canada 2008, probably the biggest rookie mistake ever

want more?

I think I recall the one at Monaco...I'll have to youtube to be sure. The one on the really slow hair pin & the corner after rascas leading up the hill? He was quite brash. As for the pits...that is a terrible mistake/accident. What pasta did today I feel wasn't an error/mis judgment/mistake.

Offline Devilz

• I live here
  • Cruisin is not a crime
« Reply #3514 on: 24 June 2012, 19:45 »
F E R R A R I all the way

poor lewis.........            :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #3515 on: 25 June 2012, 05:29 »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/18573966

FML. How weak is that punishment. Unjust IMO.

Offline stu646

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3516 on: 25 June 2012, 09:43 »
They should make Maldonada use the McLaren pit crew next race, that be more than enough punishment for any driver

Offline golf-sib

• I live here
  • Турботазик
« Reply #3517 on: 25 June 2012, 10:36 »
I think it was more than adequate punishment the 20seconds penalty. I think if the crash never happened Hamilton still wouldn't have finished on the podium, think he would of still got overtaken. He was defending well but the tires where not helping him at all in handling as hard as he was trying.

Good race, glad for micheal, it was good to see him on the podium after all that time.

Audi TT - K04 TFSI Hybrid - 325BHP
VW Golf - k03 AGU - 200BHP

1.8T AGU..
R135
╚╬╬╝

My Chinese Bike project: http://xtrsproject.wordpress.com/

Offline golf-sib

• I live here
  • Турботазик
« Reply #3518 on: 25 June 2012, 10:38 »
Also what was the verdict on what failed on vettels car, I know the othe car had the alternator go, but nothing was said on vettels car in terms of failure.

Audi TT - K04 TFSI Hybrid - 325BHP
VW Golf - k03 AGU - 200BHP

1.8T AGU..
R135
╚╬╬╝

My Chinese Bike project: http://xtrsproject.wordpress.com/

Offline stu646

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3519 on: 25 June 2012, 10:42 »
Also what was the verdict on what failed on vettels car, I know the othe car had the alternator go, but nothing was said on vettels car in terms of failure.

On the F1 Forum they said it was also the alternator and it could of been because of the time they had  behind the safety car. So Renault need to look at that.

When do McLaren start to focus more on Lewis now then Button, seeing as Button is over 60 points behind Alonso and seems to be getting no where near any form.