Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 287662 times)

Offline bobotheclown

• I live here
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #710 on: 25 December 2009, 08:37 »
Yes Schumi did play dirty on many occasions however he is also very talented. I remember one year, in Spain I think, where he drove around stuck in fifth gear and still posted competitive times in his Benetton.

I think that F1 and racing has been his focus for most of his life and without he feels there is something missing. It could be like an old boxer wanting to get back into the ring one more time I guess.

Whether you like him or not it will be interesting to see if the oldest man on the grid can still cut it. I think experience will be a telling part as he and Rubens will be the only ones to know what an F1 car is like fully loaded with fuel.

Offline smitty12

• I live here
  • R32
« Reply #711 on: 25 December 2009, 11:45 »
Whether you like him or not it will be interesting to see if the oldest man on the grid can still cut it. I think experience will be a telling part as he and Rubens will be the only ones to know what an F1 car is like fully loaded with fuel.

Very true! This season is going to be just like the old days when racing was racing! not "turning the revs down" half way through the race to save fuel and tyres! thats pissed me off so much last season!

Mk7 Golf GTI Clubsport S Tornado Red - on the way!
Mk4 Golf R32 Grey Anthracite Pearl Effect
Mk4 Golf GTI 2.slow Yellow Colour Concept

VeeDubGTI16v

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #713 on: 07 January 2010, 13:05 »
I Cannot wait for the new season to get under way. By far this will be the most competitive season I've ever witnessed! Alonso finally goes to Ferrari, mclaren have an all English team with the 2 latest world champions and schumacher is back to show who's the boss. YIPPIIIIIIIII!!!!!

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #714 on: 07 January 2010, 13:13 »
I Cannot wait for the new season to get under way. By far this will be the most competitive season I've ever witnessed! Alonso finally goes to Ferrari, mclaren have an all English team with the 2 latest world champions and schumacher is back to show who's the boss. YIPPIIIIIIIII!!!!!

When you put it like thats it does sound f**king epic !  Lets not forget how competative the RedBulls are with 2 class drivers in Vetel and Webber.

Cant wait :D :D

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #715 on: 07 January 2010, 13:32 »
^^ Of course, Vettel a future world champion and weber, an excellent all rounder.

Offline Devilz

• I live here
  • Cruisin is not a crime
« Reply #716 on: 07 January 2010, 21:34 »

Sorry but I don't think Schumacher will be showing them who is boss, I think he will struggle at start.

I don't think Schumacher will struggle, don't forget who is behind him, Ross Brawn, who gave jenson his first and probably last championship in his rookie season as team principal

Offline kniterider

• I live here
  • had most, sold most and often buy more!
« Reply #717 on: 07 January 2010, 22:33 »
am into this big time, i think the new driver line up has done wonders for f1 for this year, its to early to put who will kick ass kinda stuff on now, wait till testing starts even then will be hard to judge but will give a rough idea, i think schumacher will come back as he left give it a race or two then he'll be there, he's just got to settel into the new team kinda thing most of the rest have , redbull having the same line up will have an advantage, plus there car was quick so will be similar design apart from fuel tanks... should be good and i cannot wait, have got tickets for silverstone quali already as i promised my son id take him this year..( hes 8) so am lookin forward to it....

you can say this and that about whats gonna happen , yeah such n such a team may have a great line up but , its all about qualli and whos got the biggest balls on braking and 'not wrecking the car on 1st time out' ...... will be good what ever, im not biased for any team or any driver cause i love the sport as a whole....
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline smitty12

• I live here
  • R32
« Reply #718 on: 09 January 2010, 00:14 »
so the question on everybodys lips....
Who do you think will be champion next year???????

LEWIS HAMILTON!!!!!!

Mk7 Golf GTI Clubsport S Tornado Red - on the way!
Mk4 Golf R32 Grey Anthracite Pearl Effect
Mk4 Golf GTI 2.slow Yellow Colour Concept

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #719 on: 09 January 2010, 00:16 »
so the question on everybodys lips....
Who do you think will be champion next year???????

LEWIS HAMILTON!!!!!!

Alonso or Massa