Author Topic: gearstick surround replacement  (Read 2844 times)

Offline chris340gti

• Just got here
gearstick surround replacement
« on: 28 May 2023, 10:36 »
hi, I'm struggling to find the silver surround for the manual gear stick on my new golf, I can see left hand drive and auto versions .. I have seen that the simple silver frame is available ( without the whole gaiter etc ) Is the surround the same size as the auto box maybe???

can anyone find this in the usual place??? cos I cant see one anywhere

cheers

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
Re: gearstick surround replacement
« Reply #1 on: 02 June 2023, 13:21 »
Try your local VW parts dept, they can bring up the part number details etc for a replacement.
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Markee

• Not said much yet
Re: gearstick surround replacement
« Reply #2 on: 30 June 2023, 11:09 »
The missus's surround had ripped on her MK7 GTD so i went in search of the elusive trim. Couldn't find one, even tried breakers for the complete assembly but people were snapping them up as soon as the parts were listed! Went to VW and they don't sell just the trim, it's the gearstick, gator and trim for £260+. The next option was smoothing it and then wrapping it but whilst i was contemplating it (i was in no rush as it wasn't for me lol) one cropped up on FB marketplace for £20 so snapped it up quick. A couple of weeks ago i saw another for £15 and i did think about snapping that one up as a spare but didn't want to be 'that guy'. I'm on a couple of buy/sell groups on FB (VW Golf MK7+MK7.5 R, GTI, GTE & GTD - Parts buy & sell Group UK and VAG Cars & Parts for sale UK) and this is where i've seen them.
A chequered previous car history (mainly blue oval, sorry) prior to owning Golf's.
2001 mk4 TDI - died at some traffic lights due to someone not stopping!
2000 mk4 GTD - a dog of a car, sold to WBAC in limp mode!
2000 mk4 1.8T - most fun i've had in a Golf (until now) but nearly cost me my licence!
2020 mk7.5 Tornado Red TCR - current ride.