Author Topic: What wheels ?  (Read 5599 times)

Offline Dave1rs

• GTI forum regular
Re: What wheels ?
« Reply #30 on: 09 January 2021, 12:45 »
Does anyone know if the Pretoria’s are the same price regardless of colour?
Just went to enquire about a set at my local Vw garage but the parts department have closed till Monday,

I can get graphite grey with continental contact 6 tyres off eBay for £1250.

But I really want black....then I will just keep the richmonds in storage.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #31 on: 09 January 2021, 13:08 »
Assume you mean the 18 inch versions sold as genuine VW accessories?

If so, the silver and black are both officially the same price, not sure on the dark or light grey as they haven't been around for as long but do seem to be available for a slightly lower price.

https://www.volkswagenpartsuk.co.uk/parts/category/wheels-accessories/alloy-wheels/
7.5 GTD

Offline Dave1rs

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #32 on: 09 January 2021, 13:20 »
Yeah that’s them,I can get away with the dark grey,but think black would be better....figured 1250 with tyres was a good price.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #33 on: 09 January 2021, 13:30 »
The tyres alone will be at least £300, so that's £950 max for some genuine VAG alloys. I don't think that's too bad.

There are some aftermarket wheels by the likes of BBS, Borbet etc for a little bit less, but if you want genuine VAG that price seems pretty reasonable to me.  :smiley:
7.5 GTD

Offline Kgti8

• Not said much yet
« Reply #34 on: 13 January 2021, 23:33 »
Just to update on the above, kept my order the same as even based on my spec the Clubsport would also incur extra VRT. I prefer the manual anyway and am coming from a 150bhp R line so I think the standard GTI is more then enough. Some might think I’m mad paying the VRT but I am delighted with my spec and each to their own.

Current estimated build week is week 14 though (ordered in December) so a long wait ahead.
2021 MK8 Manual | Oryx White, Estorils, DCC, Winter Pack, HK, Pan Roof, Rear Camera, Vienna Leather

Offline Kgti8

• Not said much yet
« Reply #35 on: 13 January 2021, 23:34 »
Just to update on the above, kept my order the same as even based on my spec the Clubsport would also incur extra VRT. I prefer the manual anyway and am coming from a 150bhp R line so I think the standard GTI is more then enough ha! Some might think I’m mad paying the VRT but I am delighted with my spec and each to their own.

Current estimated build week is week 14 though (ordered in December) so a long wait ahead.
2021 MK8 Manual | Oryx White, Estorils, DCC, Winter Pack, HK, Pan Roof, Rear Camera, Vienna Leather

Offline DB88

• Not said much yet
« Reply #36 on: 16 January 2021, 14:23 »
Hey have you got an update from the dealership as I’m in the same position you are and the dealership hasn’t given me answers even though deal is done and car is due in 4 weeks it’s crazy and it’s poor customer service

Offline DB88

• Not said much yet
« Reply #37 on: 16 January 2021, 15:40 »
Just to update on the above, kept my order the same as even based on my spec the Clubsport would also incur extra VRT. I prefer the manual anyway and am coming from a 150bhp R line so I think the standard GTI is more then enough ha! Some might think I’m mad paying the VRT but I am delighted with my spec and each to their own.

Hey have you got an update from the dealership as I’m in the same position you are and the dealership hasn’t given me answers even though deal is done and car is due in 4 weeks it’s crazy and it’s poor customer service
Modify message

Offline Maximusbiggus

• Not said much yet
« Reply #38 on: 17 January 2021, 00:38 »

Modify message

A friend of mine and I were given estimates of 12 weeks on our clubbys...that was last week that we went order confirmed. I'm hoping that was a realistic estimate...we haven't been given confirmed build dates yet though...you guys are both in the UK are you?
Mk7.5 GTI DSG Tungsten Silver

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #39 on: 17 January 2021, 08:05 »
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.