Author Topic: New ED45 Owner to be  (Read 873 times)

Offline craigmalcs85

• Just got here
New ED45 Owner to be
« on: 06 September 2021, 10:44 »
Hi All,

First time poster here, but not my first golf.

Had a 3 Door DSG Mk7 Golf R in Tornado Red which I loved and regret having to get rid of, but needs must when children arrive.

Just ordered an Edition 45 on the 27th August, so got in just before the cut off.

Spec is as follows:
- Kings Red Metallic
- Winter Pack
- Harmon Kardon

Only delivery date I have at the moment is 1st March 22. I have a friend who has a MK8 R on order so we'll see which arrives first.
On Order - Golf GTi CS Edition 45 (Kings Red)
Current - BMW M135i xDrive
Previous - Mk7 Golf R, Mk3 Focus ST, FN2 Civic Type R

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: New ED45 Owner to be
« Reply #1 on: 07 September 2021, 09:23 »
Don't want to worry you but I am fairly sure VW said they'd only make the ED45 in 2021.... so if they are projecting a March 2022 delivery date, I suspect they might not make your car...

Unless component shortages have changed their plans.

HK is probably what has nudged this that far out, you might consider changing that to improve your chances.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline craigmalcs85

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 07 September 2021, 13:30 »
Thanks for pointing that out.

Just chased VW UK and they seem to think that regardless of trim the cars will be built when allocated. So no prioritisation for Edition 45's.

So either they didn't get the memo, or they have no idea.

Have to chase my dealer and see if they've been given a provisional BW, however I'd assume unless it was happening soon, they may not have that yet.

This is why they should have kept the tracker up and running.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 07 September 2021, 13:39 »
They are still working as they always have done.... firstly the dealer needs a free allocation slot before the factory will accept the order, then the order is with the factory until their production planning allocates a build slot (which is dependent on slots being available and the parts being on hand). This happens 4 weeks before the actual build week.

After that, once its built the rest is fairly standard- about 2 to 4 weeks for it to arrive at the dealer for PDI.

The variable piece is both the dealer allocation and the build/parts availability with the factory and right now both are all over the place!

I would definitely ask VWUK on chat if an ED45 can be built after the end of 2021 though... ask them that directly and keep a screenshot of their reply!
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

VW_Golf_nut

« Reply #4 on: 07 September 2021, 21:52 »
They are still working as they always have done.... firstly the dealer needs a free allocation slot before the factory will accept the order, then the order is with the factory until their production planning allocates a build slot (which is dependent on slots being available and the parts being on hand). This happens 4 weeks before the actual build week.

After that, once its built the rest is fairly standard- about 2 to 4 weeks for it to arrive at the dealer for PDI.

The variable piece is both the dealer allocation and the build/parts availability with the factory and right now both are all over the place!

I would definitely ask VWUK on chat if an ED45 can be built after the end of 2021 though... ask them that directly and keep a screenshot of their reply!

Please also post the results for those of us that also hope to be getting an ED45! 🤨

Offline craigmalcs85

• Just got here
« Reply #5 on: 10 September 2021, 10:52 »
So I've just got off the phone with my dealer as I thought i'd get more sense from them.

He advised that he's spoken to VW Sales and they've said that any order received before the cut off (he said this was yesterday), would be scheduled and built.

He stated mine was at Status 10, which I assume is "order with the factory". But its awaiting a BW.

So good news that it will be built. Just no indication of when yet.

If it turns out to be a BW 45-50, i think it's safe to assume that ED45's are being prioritised over other models.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 10 September 2021, 15:17 »
Thats good news!

I saw yesterday the ED45 was no longer on the VW UK website - so that lines up.