Author Topic: Newbie - 1st GTI  (Read 774 times)

Offline aralston86

• Just got here
Newbie - 1st GTI
« on: 15 September 2021, 10:05 »
Hi everyone.

I have recently bought a mk 7.5 GTI performance and had a stage 1 remap.

Looking to get more done such as suspension, spoiler, exhaust and upgraded air intake.

Any suggestions would be great!

Allan
« Last Edit: 16 September 2021, 15:16 by aralston86 »

Offline baka

• GTI forum regular
Re: Newbie - 1st GTI
« Reply #1 on: 15 September 2021, 15:57 »
Welcome! How are you finding the remap? I'm very tempted to get one myself.

Offline aralston86

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 16 September 2021, 15:15 »
Not going to lie..........i nearly shat myself with how responsive it was! The only thing i have noticed is the traction at the front end. I am not a fast driver pulling away but i did notice it.

I am wanting to progress with tuning so looking to get advice on what the next steps are. I think I am for a Ram air induction kit.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #3 on: 16 September 2021, 15:59 »
Wheel hop is a problem even before you start piling on the power with mods...

Better rubber is one solution... after that it gets complex, expensive and starts to cause crazy unpleasantness.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline baka

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 16 September 2021, 16:39 »
Not going to lie..........i nearly shat myself with how responsive it was! The only thing i have noticed is the traction at the front end. I am not a fast driver pulling away but i did notice it.

I am wanting to progress with tuning so looking to get advice on what the next steps are. I think I am for a Ram air induction kit.

Sounds promising! Though yeah, mine already hops pretty badly in first with stock power.

If you are after more power, an induction kit will do literally nothing and neither will a cat back exhaust. Both the original items flow well enough for serious power.

If you want nice parts and cool noises that make your car 'seem' faster though, fill your boots.

A downpipe and a stage 2 tune would give you more power, an uprated intercooler is also a worthwhile supporting mod at this point.

After that it's time for a bigger turbo, the i38 off the R being a popular choice. Though there are plenty of aftermarket turbos that can outperform it if you want to go that route.

Offline giec

• Just got here
« Reply #5 on: 17 September 2021, 20:39 »
Hi
Just purchased this MK2 8V , :smiley:
Hope to find some knowledge here .