Author Topic: Nobody right and nobody's wrong it's personal preference - deposits and POPCORN ;-)  (Read 3142 times)

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
Just been on the phone to them and told them I wasn't happy - (I can really do stroppy).  Their excuse was they didn't want to keep me waiting while they did the tax on-line.  I said I was quite happy to wait and that I would pay them on the day.  They have backed down.  Why is everything such a battle! :angry:

It's all good, chill out  :wink:

It's easy here though eh?  :smiley:

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
  • Black is definitely the stealthiest colour!!
Just been on the phone to them and told them I wasn't happy - (I can really do stroppy).  Their excuse was they didn't want to keep me waiting while they did the tax on-line.  I said I was quite happy to wait and that I would pay them on the day.  They have backed down.  Why is everything such a battle! :angry:

Result  :smiley:
Deep Black Pearl Mk7 GT TDI 150.

Offline Will@carbon

• GTI forum regular
Hay Ann Stop talking about cars and changing the topic let's get back to the bottom of the revels/ popcorn thing... Like, God!!!!

:wink:

The more money you spend the harder it all gets, did you not know this. You didn't think it would be easy. Storm in a tee cup, get excited again and get your money's worth out of it.
I don't believe in global warming, sorry.
How are speed bumps legal?
I dislike lorry drivers who block lanes in traffic.
All burglars must die slowly ASAP.

Offline Buck

• I live here
  • Das Auto
<slips in before the doors locked>

Now I like popcorn.................... But I also like revels, but which one is best??

Andy, simple - both and let's make it a feast!!

Offline Buck

• I live here
  • Das Auto
Ann

I think they were wanting the one in their account before the month end for bonus reasons?!  Sly bu99ers aren't they?!

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
Different companies I guess have different rules. We usually take £500 deposit and then most inchcape dealers will take payment on the day of collection even though their official rule is full payment 3 days prior to handover. It could be the old trick of trying desperately to get it paid for and invoiced in to this months figures. At then end of the day its all about trust.  I am sure if the dealer had not just sprung this on you now you would not be so worried. Personally I wouldn't want a customer to pay for it till I knew it was here safe and sound.
Sales Manager
Select Car Leasing West Midlands
Leeevans@selectcarleasing.co.uk
WhatsApp: 07389107119

Former General sales manager at Volkswagen for over 13 years.

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
Why would anyone pay for anything in full before actually having it in front of them? :shocked: A deposit is fair enough but any more than that they're having a laugh!!!
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline naa

• Not said much yet
Oh well - all sorted now.  Think they realised they were pushing it a bit.

On a different topic - For me it's salted popcorn - more nutritious and better for the figure  :wink:

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
This is what I have neither salty nor toffee just sweet like Mrs Doc  :smiley:

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here

Yes those 5 minutes while someone in admin taxes the car are the worst. What they have probably done recently is taxes and registered a car before full payment and customers situation has changed and they are then left with a registered car they can't sell as new to qualify for the current campaigns as the dvla will very rarely unregister a car for you.
Sales Manager
Select Car Leasing West Midlands
Leeevans@selectcarleasing.co.uk
WhatsApp: 07389107119

Former General sales manager at Volkswagen for over 13 years.