Author Topic: Nobody right and nobody's wrong it's personal preference - deposits and POPCORN ;-)  (Read 3143 times)

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
Fight Fight Fight

:grin: :grin:

<goes off to get popcorn> ;)

I wouldn't fight with Will he's just so..... Well..... Erm..... manly plus if I fought him he may not be my first borns godfather  :sad:

ANN, sounds unusual to me, a small deposit is the norm?

What dealership is it?

Have to talked to Lee our official VW trader (Inscape group) as he's just done Will @ Carbon a mega deal on a new GIT?

Peace

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
 :grin: :grin: :grin: Asker starts one of his usual "let's get everyone wound up" threads, but it just turns into Doc and Will having a tiff across the workshop.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
:grin: :grin: :grin: Asker starts one of his usual "let's get everyone wound up" threads, but it just turns into Doc and Will having a tiff across the workshop.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I like the cut of this mans jib  :wink:

Offline andyr

• GTI forum regular
<slips in before the doors locked>

Now I like popcorn.................... But I also like revels, but which one is best??

Mk VI Black Pearl GTD.... No Frills, replaced a Black Pearl PD150 Bora, which in turn replaced a Dragon Green VR6 which followed a Dusty Mauve MK III 8v Gti.

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
I'd say that was very mood and time of day dependant - revels can f11ck you up with that coffee one too  :sick:

Certainly food for thought  :laugh:

Nice change of topic Willy boy  :grin:

Offline naa

• Not said much yet
Hi Doc

Paid 1K deposit to hold the car, but they want full payment before they register it.  I know when I bought last car from another dealer I paid when I went to pick it up so thought this was unusual.  It is a VW main dealership in Buckinghamshire and they say it is what they always do :S

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
I've never paid for a car in full untill I've given it a good looking over. If you are paying with a direct transfer, or debit card, that's as good as cash in the bank for them, so should not be handed over until you take delivery. (IMHO)
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
  • Black is definitely the stealthiest colour!!
That is just plain wrong, car will need a proper going over by yourself before you part with any of your hard earned readies!!

If I were you I'd tell them to go whistle.  A deposit up front of £1000 is fine to secure the car but anything else prior to receipt is taking the proverbial.
Deep Black Pearl Mk7 GT TDI 150.

Offline jkp

• GTI forum regular
Money all up front....maybe the dealership is not telling you everything....like they are about to do into receivership  :shocked: sounds like they may have cash flow problems.

Most I've ever paid is the standard £500 deposit, then balance on collection. Done this a couple of months ago with the wifes new car....£500 paid to main VW dealer, with balance to be paid on delivery (9th dec)
GTD manual, 5dr, reflex silver,

Offline naa

• Not said much yet
Just been on the phone to them and told them I wasn't happy - (I can really do stroppy).  Their excuse was they didn't want to keep me waiting while they did the tax on-line.  I said I was quite happy to wait and that I would pay them on the day.  They have backed down.  Why is everything such a battle! :angry: