Author Topic: What have you done to your Golf today?  (Read 603518 times)

Offline spikenipple

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your Golf today?
« Reply #5570 on: 26 April 2012, 18:47 »
Fitted a delocked handle to the passenger door, fitted speakers and cables and tidied up under the seats. Now I need to source a VW to ISO stereo adaptor...

Offline bob23

• GTI forum regular
  • Hi, for those of you that don't know, I'm a tw@!
« Reply #5571 on: 26 April 2012, 22:58 »
Got the interior stripped out of the front ready for welding and dropped it off at the garage, at bloody last! Should be done mid next week, then got to refit the interior and fit all the new bits, anti roll bar and links, wishbones, cv joints, ball joints, trackrod ends, front fogs, front pads, coilovers, rear disks and bearings, rear lights, rear callipers, rear axle bushes, windscreen.

Then need to remove and refit the exhaust, get a new power steering pump fitted, then I will put it on the road, then all I'll will have to do is wait till I have the spare money for an engine change and a respray.

Current cars 1995 Golf gti colour concept 2.0 8v 156,000 miles. bmw 316 1.9 129,000. yeah, life's good! :rolleyes:

Gavv8

« Reply #5572 on: 27 April 2012, 20:25 »
Major service and some new wiper blades because of all this bl00dy rain... :angry:

Offline onslo6260

• Just got here
« Reply #5573 on: 27 April 2012, 21:46 »
i bought it today and im in love with it 2.0 8v could anyone tell me the part no for the cone shaped k&n air filter i currently dont have a filter at all its a 94 m reg

Gavv8

« Reply #5574 on: 27 April 2012, 22:40 »
i bought it today and im in love with it 2.0 8v could anyone tell me the part no for the cone shaped k&n air filter i currently dont have a filter at all its a 94 m reg

Don't bother with cone filters they are worse than oem, put a standard airbox back on asap and modify that.
You will find instructions and threads about air filters using 'search'. :smiley:

Offline gti gaz

• I live here
« Reply #5575 on: 28 April 2012, 17:21 »
yes dont use cone filter  :sick: :sick: panal filter and cold air feed thats the way forward fact!

pulled the mk3 out the garage today first time in months as moving house next weekend so started all ok
and no problems found soon to come massive make over  :grin:

Any one in cornwall lets sort more meets!!!!

Offline Mr_Orange

• I live here
  • MK4 GTi Turbo Exclusive 150 AUM
« Reply #5576 on: 29 April 2012, 09:59 »
Thought about all the little jobs need doing on it   :undecided:  Looked out the window, made another cuppa and put telly on  :evil:

Build thread clicky

Offline stow1985

• I live here
  • 'when im cleaning winders'
« Reply #5577 on: 29 April 2012, 12:14 »
Thought about all the little jobs need doing on it   :undecided:  Looked out the window, made another cuppa and put telly on  :evil:

:grin:

Looked out the window but still had to go an fit my new alternator  :undecided:
GOLF GTI MK3 2LTR 8V-MATT BLACK-WORKHORSE

Window cleaning: www.marcstow.vpweb.co.uk

Offline sharki786

• I live here
  • GOT BOOST??
« Reply #5578 on: 29 April 2012, 13:44 »
fitted LED's in the interior map light and in the rear headligining light (got from mk4) now you can see everything and its SOOOOOO bright! & at night when the light is on its VERY bright :evil:

*****MK3 Anniversary*****
*****MK4 GTI T*****

Offline kahunajb

• Here all the time
« Reply #5579 on: 29 April 2012, 17:22 »
Replaced my upper and lower drivers side foam seat bolsters wih some from a set of seats I won on ebay for £5.50.
Mk1 Leon Cupra TDI - Keeping
Mk5 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 1 - FOR SALE £5,250
Mk3 GTI 16v Anniversary - OEM+ - Gone :(
Mk4 GTI 2.0 - Slow - Good Riddance