Author Topic: Has anybody ordered a MK7 Golf yet?  (Read 26687 times)

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
Re: Has anybody ordered a MK7 Golf yet?
« Reply #50 on: 12 January 2013, 01:03 »
What Chuff said. :afro:

Thanks for the feedback and after looking again paddles do come standard on GT and if that's the same as how it was on the 6 then hey ho.  However, they no longer put 2 zone in as standard on any of the TDI's at the moment, including the GT.  Problem I have is that although the GT is on my list, I can't have it with DSG and it's something I've fancied and waited a long time to become available to me so the only way to get it is on an SE.  Also, fitted Nav is never something that interests me as I personally don't think they're up to much in comparison to what you can get with a standalone.

The main reason I chose the Mazda 6 over the Golf 6 was because the best Golf I could get 4 years ago came with nothing, the Mazda came with everything, and then some. I couldn't even get steering wheel controls let alone anything else I expect to get from a 20k + hatch!   The Mazda was big, looked more expensive than it was, had a Beefy motor, great handling (although a bit crashy at times) steering wheel controls that controlled everything, and I mean everything, including all of the auto climate functions for both sides, 17 inch alloys, a great stereo, blind spot monitoring, led rear lights, front projectors and fogs, a sh*t load of space a genius rear seat folding system and yada yada yada. Gave me very little trouble, too.

If the new Mazda 6 was available to me I'd consider it again.   It won't be though until after I've ordered.  It's probably a sign that I should get a mk7 to sit next to my Mk1, that's something that puts a smile on my face at least.

Nice car for a freeby mate  :wink:

Yeah I sound like a right ungrateful g1t.   :laugh:

Offline I.D.C.

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #51 on: 12 January 2013, 12:06 »
What Chuff said. :afro:

Thanks for the feedback and after looking again paddles do come standard on GT and if that's the same as how it was on the 6 then hey ho.  However, they no longer put 2 zone in as standard on any of the TDI's at the moment, including the GT.  Problem I have is that although the GT is on my list, I can't have it with DSG and it's something I've fancied and waited a long time to become available to me so the only way to get it is on an SE.  Also, fitted Nav is never something that interests me as I personally don't think they're up to much in comparison to what you can get with a standalone.

The main reason I chose the Mazda 6 over the Golf 6 was because the best Golf I could get 4 years ago came with nothing, the Mazda came with everything, and then some. I couldn't even get steering wheel controls let alone anything else I expect to get from a 20k + hatch!   The Mazda was big, looked more expensive than it was, had a Beefy motor, great handling (although a bit crashy at times) steering wheel controls that controlled everything, and I mean everything, including all of the auto climate functions for both sides, 17 inch alloys, a great stereo, blind spot monitoring, led rear lights, front projectors and fogs, a sh*t load of space a genius rear seat folding system and yada yada yada. Gave me very little trouble, too.

If the new Mazda 6 was available to me I'd consider it again.   It won't be though until after I've ordered.  It's probably a sign that I should get a mk7 to sit next to my Mk1, that's something that puts a smile on my face at least.

Nice car for a freeby mate  :wink:

Yeah I sound like a right ungrateful g1t.   :laugh:
Mazda and Honda make good car there is no getting away from that and they come loaded with kit. However there is one area in both these makes that for me makes driving very tiresome and that is road roar both are shockingly loud VW's and most European makes of cars are just so much better at keeping the road roar compressed. I have treaded in my GTI fir a mark 7 SE with extras, In three years of ownership with the GTI have been completely trouble free

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #52 on: 15 January 2013, 10:23 »
Mazda and Honda make good car there is no getting away from that and they come loaded with kit. However there is one area in both these makes that for me makes driving very tiresome and that is road roar both are shockingly loud VW's and most European makes of cars are just so much better at keeping the road roar compressed. I have treaded in my GTI fir a mark 7 SE with extras, In three years of ownership with the GTI have been completely trouble free

Couldn't agree with you more, sound deadening is a weak point.  For example the Mazda 6 is on the same chassis as the Mondeo which is quieter and more comfortable.  Japanese manufacturers prefer to go for light and nimble and it comes at price, a price I was wiling to pay at the time as the Pro's outweighed the cons.

After a lot of thinking It looks like I might be joining you on the SE front. 

Offline vwjack

• I live here
« Reply #53 on: 17 January 2013, 18:34 »
I will have a pearl black 5door 1.6 tdi dsg se in march, order went In late December.

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #54 on: 17 January 2013, 19:10 »
I will have a pearl black 5door 1.6 tdi dsg se in march, order went In late December.

Nice one, just before me.

Offline Mitchell

• Not said much yet
« Reply #55 on: 18 January 2013, 12:12 »
Ordered last week, just in time for the free service plan!

Ordered it from a dealer through carbuzz.co.uk. Saved £2,100 not including the service plan.

2.0 TDI SE 5 doors, Candy White, Winter Pack

Delivery predicted early April. Cannot wait!

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #56 on: 18 January 2013, 12:26 »
How come so many people are going for the SE rather than the GT?
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #57 on: 18 January 2013, 14:02 »

Because the GT doesn't really offer much more that's of any use to anyone sensible, plus it's not within my company car budget to get it with DSG so settled for the SE.  Not sure about anyone else.

Offline I.D.C.

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #58 on: 18 January 2013, 14:06 »

For me it was purly price. Get a GT with the options orderd it would cost more than a mark 6 GTI. SE models are well equiped like Auto Express wrote it’s the sweet spot in the range. With a panoramic sunroof , xenon lights and 18inch Vancouver’s with the Golf in white I think it will look quite smart from the outside. Personaly I also prefer the dash in aluminum as that is easier to keep clean than the black plastic of the GT model. Think I will keep mine for 2 years then change it for the GTD.

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #59 on: 18 January 2013, 14:12 »
^^^ Couldn't spec mine up like you have, be nice to see what it looks like when you get it.  :cool: