Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 653903 times)

Offline JDM82

• Here all the time
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #1810 on: 30 August 2014, 13:57 »
Fitted my new genuine GTI mats  :smiley:

The embroided red GTI on both front mats look the bollocks but having spent £70 on them I now don't wanna put my feet on them  :rolleyes:

Look great though, really make the interior.
GOLF GTi - The legendary hot hatch

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #1811 on: 30 August 2014, 14:27 »

The embroided red GTI on both front mats look the nuts but having spent £70 on them I now don't wanna put my feet on them  :rolleyes:

£70 on mats....WTF!!
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline JDM82

• Here all the time
« Reply #1812 on: 30 August 2014, 14:32 »

The embroided red GTI on both front mats look the nuts but having spent £70 on them I now don't wanna put my feet on them  :rolleyes:

£70 on mats....WTF!!

I know! It was a case of wanting them so bad but the price is crazy for mats no matter how good of quality there are but they are the bollocks.

Offline GS WAX

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1813 on: 30 August 2014, 15:34 »
Just returned from AKS after having the map tweaked a bit,got rid of the linear throttle(stock is better for everyday use),and had the stage1 Revo DSG software installed.
 DSG map has made the car,miles better now, smoother quicker changes and the jerky nature of the latest VAG software has been removed and that's just in D mode,makes some barky noises in manual/S mode aswell.

After a 45 mile journey home,of which the last 22 miles were on my usual journey home from work roads I can honestly say I could live without the engine map but NOT the gearbox map.

Brakes next and some suspension lightening (Brembo's,S3 hubs and arms etc.)  watch this space..... with some piccys aswell :cool:
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #302

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #1814 on: 30 August 2014, 15:46 »
Just rolled over 74k
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #1815 on: 30 August 2014, 20:25 »

I've got some on order that I'm hoping to pick up tomorrow :) Mine were £65 from dealer, where'd you get yours?

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #1816 on: 30 August 2014, 20:26 »
Just returned from AKS after having the map tweaked a bit,got rid of the linear throttle(stock is better for everyday use),and had the stage1 Revo DSG software installed.
 DSG map has made the car,miles better now, smoother quicker changes and the jerky nature of the latest VAG software has been removed and that's just in D mode,makes some barky noises in manual/S mode aswell.

After a 45 mile journey home,of which the last 22 miles were on my usual journey home from work roads I can honestly say I could live without the engine map but NOT the gearbox map.

Brakes next and some suspension lightening (Brembo's,S3 hubs and arms etc.)  watch this space..... with some piccys aswell :cool:

Oooo brembos! Would that be the boxster 4 pot calliper by any chance?

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline JDM82

• Here all the time
« Reply #1817 on: 30 August 2014, 20:53 »

I've got some on order that I'm hoping to pick up tomorrow :) Mine were £65 from dealer, where'd you get yours?

Got mine from a VAG outlet on ebay, £65 plus £5 delivery. There excellent quality and look great so the expense is kinda worth it

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #1818 on: 30 August 2014, 21:28 »
Glad to hear about the quality of them, I'm planning to use these as summer mats only and then the standard ones already in the car for the wintery weather months :)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1819 on: 30 August 2014, 21:32 »
Glad to hear about the quality of them, I'm planning to use these as summer mats only and then the standard ones already in the car for the wintery weather months :)

That's what I do.  Occasionally use a set of rubber mats if I'm visiting ver muddy sites over winter.

I like the GTI mats but wish the logo and red edge stitching stood out a bit more, they seem to dull down over time.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11