Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 654003 times)

Offline charlie

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #1590 on: 07 June 2014, 16:32 »
taken in jest booth :cool:mind you £29 for a room that's cheap

£29 - too cheap.  I have standards  :tongue:

Ross'll be along in a minute to tell us off for talking to each each other  :grin:
lol :nerd:
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #1591 on: 07 June 2014, 18:43 »
The Highline TPMS looks cool. How ever much did it cost? When I asked VW about the price of another set of valves and sensors for the winter wheels on my Passat, they quoted me £70 a corner.

PS, Nice as the pictures are, why do we have to see them over and over again? Please delete them from the quoted text when composing your posts. :angry: Thank you. Rant over  :smiley:
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #1592 on: 07 June 2014, 19:59 »
The Highline TPMS looks cool. How ever much did it cost? When I asked VW about the price of another set of valves and sensors for the winter wheels on my Passat, they quoted me £70 a corner.

PS, Nice as the pictures are, why do we have to see them over and over again? Please delete them from the quoted text when composing your posts. :angry: Thank you. Rant over  :smiley:
sorry dubber didn't mean to put you in a rant  :wink:
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #1593 on: 08 June 2014, 13:56 »

Had to heat the undertray up and let it reset in a new shape as it was rubbing the paint off the edge of the sump due to it been curved inwards rather than outwards.
Unlike the one i got for mkviken which was curved the correct way... VW quality...

Checked my aircon pipe for the known rubbish issue that then kills the aircon system.
It has been rubbing against the clip on the other pipe. :angry:
So moved the clip and bent the metal pipe slightly forward to reduce the chance of it rubbing through.

« Last Edit: 08 June 2014, 16:42 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline hef

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1594 on: 10 June 2014, 22:44 »
Received my Unitronic Cold Air intake today, and fitted it after work this evening.

Pleased with it, good service from Unitronic and quick delivery from Canada  :smiley:
Toronado Red Edition 35

Offline Stevie35

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1595 on: 10 June 2014, 23:30 »
Received my Unitronic Cold Air intake today, and fitted it after work this evening.

Pleased with it, good service from Unitronic and quick delivery from Canada  :smiley:

Looking good hef, following you on Instagram and was intrigued to see what was in that box.
Edition 35 3dr, Steel Grey, Manual, Sat Nav

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #1596 on: 11 June 2014, 17:01 »
A very exciting update on my car today folks!!  :laugh: :drool:

Finally fixed something that had bugged me ever since I'd bought the car. One of the caps for my front number plate fixing screws was missing! This needed to be sorted!

So a trip to the local Eurocarparts saw me come away 60p lighter and with a pack of these:

Number plate was removed and I couldn't bear to put it back on knowing this was underneath:

So with a quick wipe with some AG Rapid Detailer getting the muck of I decided to dress it with my fave trim dressing:

And it looked much better  :smiley:

Number plate reattached and all done  :cool:

Car also had fortnightly tyre pressure and oil checks done :)

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #1597 on: 11 June 2014, 17:05 »
Nice job  :cool: I hope you cleaned the back of the number plate too. You didn't post a picture of that and I was afraid that you might have missed it.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #1598 on: 11 June 2014, 17:07 »
Nice job  :cool: I hope you cleaned the back of the number plate too. You didn't post a picture of that and I was afraid that you might have missed it.

Haha have no fear it was done  :wink:

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #1599 on: 11 June 2014, 23:03 »

Glad I didnt take either of the GTIs to work today. But still PISSED OFF.

Was moving in the traffic. When suddenly out the corner of my eye I spotted something heading from the sky towards me. Wasn't sure were it hit at the time as i was on a slip road so not easy to stop.
Dint down to metal + scratch on drivers wing. Something fell off the passenger train going over the bridge over the slip road down to the tyne bridge from swan house roundabout in Newcastle at 16:55 and hit me. Couldnt stop at the time to find out what it was exactly. Was shocked and suprised. Just my luck!

Angry as the leon was unmarked  :angry: but if it had been one of the GTIs I would be crying.

« Last Edit: 11 June 2014, 23:10 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.