Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 654572 times)

Offline Hartside

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #1410 on: 23 March 2014, 23:48 »
Winters off my Golf and the wife's Swift Sport. Nice to be back on summer tyres again
Carbon Grey 5dr GTI

Offline carlt69

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1411 on: 24 March 2014, 13:48 »
I had someone drive into mine and scuff my bumper this morning  :cry:
MK8 GTi in Moonstone Grey

Offline mike.

• I live here
« Reply #1412 on: 24 March 2014, 14:56 »
Winters off my Golf and the wife's Swift Sport. Nice to be back on summer tyres again

As we seem to have a similar garage :laugh:  what winters do you run on the Swift Sport ?
Mk6 GTI 3dr | DSG | Tornado Red | 18" Monza 2 | LED Xenons | RNS510 | Bluetooth | Smoked LED tails | Cruise | Reversing Camera | TPMS | - now sold :(

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1413 on: 24 March 2014, 16:16 »

Feel for you. Wondering if someone's gone into the back of mine when parked.

Cleaning it today, noticed a slight kink right on the edge of the inverse crease of the number plate recess.  Noticed the light was reflecting differently off it and saw the damage. Also, above it, on the edge of the bumper there are 2 little crinkles in the paint.  Neither were there last week.

Also realised that what I thought was an arc of dirt left by the front wiper blade, is actually a big scratch. Looks like a bit of grit must have got trapped between the blade and the glass. It's on passenger half of screen but noticeable nonetheless, especially when the sunlight catches it. :cry:
« Last Edit: 24 March 2014, 16:31 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Peter W

• GTI forum regular
  • 35 edition
« Reply #1414 on: 24 March 2014, 17:58 »
Gutted for you... I just hate that when people just don't care about the impact of their poor driving skills and carelessness on your pride and joy ! You like me can spot an imperfection from normal state at 50 paces.

Feel for you. Wondering if someone's gone into the back of mine when parked.

Cleaning it today, noticed a slight kink right on the edge of the inverse crease of the number plate recess.  Noticed the light was reflecting differently off it and saw the damage. Also, above it, on the edge of the bumper there are 2 little crinkles in the paint.  Neither were there last week.

Also realised that what I thought was an arc of dirt left by the front wiper blade, is actually a big scratch. Looks like a bit of grit must have got trapped between the blade and the glass. It's on passenger half of screen but noticeable nonetheless, especially when the sunlight catches it. :cry:
35 Edition | Deep Black Pearl | DSG | RNS510 | Leather | 19" Glendales | Lux & winter pack | F&R PDS + rear camera | Xenon & LED F&R
Michelin Pilot Super Sports PS4 | Stage 1

Offline Hartside

• I live here
« Reply #1415 on: 24 March 2014, 18:05 »

As we seem to have a similar garage :laugh:  what winters do you run on the Swift Sport ?

HI Mike, I use Hankook Winter I'cept W310 as finding a tyre the right size was difficult at the right load rating. Bought Suzuki steel rims and fitted 195x50 R16 as per Suzuki recommendation
Carbon Grey 5dr GTI

Offline cosmicremedy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1416 on: 24 March 2014, 19:37 »

I have one of these scratches also on the Passenger side, a new windscreen would be nice but then i worry about the risks with that like it not sealing properly... Not to mention the cost.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1417 on: 24 March 2014, 20:27 »

I have one of these scratches also on the Passenger side, a new windscreen would be nice but then i worry about the risks with that like it not sealing properly... Not to mention the cost.

Yeah, I feel the same but more so about it affecting the function of rain/light sensor after replacement.  Just gonna leave it for the moment.  Hopefully will stop noticing it after a while.

Strangely, my partner arrived home tonight with a massive crack across his van windscreen.  Some unknown object had fallen onto it from above as he was driving today.  Replacement job.

Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1418 on: 28 March 2014, 20:10 »
Just spent ages cleaning a spilt KFC milkshake off the back seat.  All over the back seat, all over the floor. :angry:  Bloody kids!
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Mattyj

• I live here
« Reply #1419 on: 28 March 2014, 20:13 »
Found the rear wash wiper pipe sheared so screen wash going into boot lovely :-)