Author Topic: t4 turbo, is this kit any good ?  (Read 15522 times)

Offline RTechUK

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • R-TECH OFFICE 01455 617233
Re: t4 turbo, is this kit any good ?
« Reply #60 on: 05 July 2011, 22:30 »
Most things we buy nowadays are made in china arent they?? they all have to be made to a decent quality for people to be able to sell them dont they.. you cant sell something that is going to blow when you push it to the quoted figures they have provided?  :undecided:

No steer clear imo

Have you have tried and tested one?

We have tried and tested many cheap turbos from ebay, xs-power ssautochrome and all made good power and lasted the duration. One was a T34/s5 running at 508bhp@1.7bar another 1.5bar 470bhp,  T3/04e 404bhp@1.7bar(£140 turbo from ebay)  k04-001 240bhp.

Its down to how they are tuned and heat generation, and even if it blows in the 1st year its only going to cost £140 for a new one, and not £1k+ for a oem.

Done right they are worth the money IMHO. :smiley:

No i have not BUT i have always been told, by everyone ive ever spoken to avoid Chinese turbos. Its not a route i would go down i want reliability and piece of mind - that's just my opinion.

But hay if you have tested them and say they are ok then go for it people  :smiley:

like i said, the people who buy the cheap turbos usually buy other bits on the cheap, if a turbo goes pop theres most likely an underlying cause. also even oe turbos go pop

Or they run them flat out because they are cheap, I used to be worried about them because of forum hear say.. It was only until customer started to buy them and we did the mapping we found the units we where tuning where pretty dam good, even the xspower 65lbmin turbo which is flowing 500bhp at 1.7bar and it's said to be good for 2.2bar of boost.

Like I said I my first post if the buyer checks and actuator out prior then all should be fine, I say this because a guy on the passat forum brought an eBay k04-015 to me for a visual inspection, upon which I found the wastegate was locked solid due to the actuator being wound right up for some reason. I set the turbo up then fitted it to the car and it's spot on 9 months on. But..... If he had fitted the turbo straight to the car then I am sure I would have lasted a matter of days.
« Last Edit: 05 July 2011, 22:32 by richw911 »

R-Tech Customer Feedback / Reviews
http://r-techpower.co.uk/r-tech-feedback.php
VW AUDI SEAT SKODA 1.8T-1.9TDi -2.0TFSI  Tuners

01455 617233
http://sticky-vnt.co.uk Midlands

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
« Reply #61 on: 05 July 2011, 22:31 »
Most things we buy nowadays are made in china arent they?? they all have to be made to a decent quality for people to be able to sell them dont they.. you cant sell something that is going to blow when you push it to the quoted figures they have provided?  :undecided:

No steer clear imo

Have you have tried and tested one?

We have tried and tested many cheap turbos from ebay, xs-power ssautochrome and all made good power and lasted the duration. One was a T34/s5 running at 508bhp@1.7bar another 1.5bar 470bhp,  T3/04e 404bhp@1.7bar(£140 turbo from ebay)  k04-001 240bhp.

Its down to how they are tuned and heat generation, and even if it blows in the 1st year its only going to cost £140 for a new one, and not £1k+ for a oem.

Done right they are worth the money IMHO. :smiley:

No i have not BUT i have always been told, by everyone ive ever spoken to avoid Chinese turbos. Its not a route i would go down i want reliability and piece of mind - that's just my opinion.

But hay if you have tested them and say they are ok then go for it people  :smiley:

like i said, the people who buy the cheap turbos usually buy other bits on the cheap, if a turbo goes pop theres most likely an underlying cause. also even oe turbos go pop

Indeed you pays your money you takes your chance  :smiley:

MKIV Mod Squad™ a part of the headlight police.

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
« Reply #62 on: 05 July 2011, 22:44 »
theres a t2871r kit for 1.8t for sale on ebay for £1500 secondhand.. yu could buy 2 of these kits for that lol
Mk4 Golf GTI anniversary and mk6 golf tdi :)

Offline golf-sib

• I live here
  • Турботазик
« Reply #63 on: 07 July 2011, 19:38 »
Another few questions since we are talking about 300bhp mark.

What would you recommend a walbro 225 pum or a walbro 255 pump?

What is needed to be upgraded to reach the 400bhp limit?

Another question which everyone seems to be confused about is what is the rough limit off the stock internals of an AGU, I was dictated:
1.8T engine limits
About reving: VAG thinks that the safest is 6800 and at 7250 gives 1% more possibilities for damage. Also at 7500 25% and at 7800 75% (stock head, valves, springs etc
Rods: Keep the torque lower than 400-420Nm, and keep boost lower than 1.4bar below 3000RPM
Pistons: They can hold around 450hp and the maximum working EGT @ manifold is 1030*C

In another thread I see you mention upgrading shells, what are these shells you speak off?

Audi TT - K04 TFSI Hybrid - 325BHP
VW Golf - k03 AGU - 200BHP

1.8T AGU..
R135
╚╬╬╝

My Chinese Bike project: http://xtrsproject.wordpress.com/

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #64 on: 07 July 2011, 21:49 »
my guess would be big end shells

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175

Offline golf-sib

• I live here
  • Турботазик
« Reply #65 on: 07 July 2011, 22:02 »
my guess would be big end shells

When you say shells you mean sea shells or the bits around the crank, how many on the golf, 4?

Also any info on using a tdi bottom end for uprating? As I see it on a stroker kit that the bottom end with the crank of a tdi is advisable.

Audi TT - K04 TFSI Hybrid - 325BHP
VW Golf - k03 AGU - 200BHP

1.8T AGU..
R135
╚╬╬╝

My Chinese Bike project: http://xtrsproject.wordpress.com/