Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 653521 times)

Offline GS WAX

• GTI forum regular
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #1760 on: 10 August 2014, 12:03 »
Trip to AKS yesterday to apply a few touches, fitted S3 jack pads finally,only had them 6 months, satin chrome glovebox handle,R rev pcv,NGK BKR7EiX iridium plugs,Pre-Cat removed at last,Oil change to Millers nanodrive 5/40 and finally Revo stage 1.
 Was going for the DSG software and SPS but no file for my box yet  :sad:and sps out of stock :rolleyes:

Went for a quick drive (about 10 mile round trip) to top up with Nitro+ unleaded after pre cat and oil change before the map was done, I must say the pre cat is a well worthwhile mod,so much more responsive,especially at low revs ,really makes the car feel lighter :smiley: with only an ever so slight increase in NVH that I can live with.

If I'm brutally honest I cant say I'm really  blown away with the performance of the Revo Map on first impressions,compared to the APR that I had on my previous edition 30,which was like "holy shiiit hang on"....but that could be down to me having to get used to  the linear throttle of the Revo,i will try it without the linear option and tweak with the sps (once I get one) before making a decision to keep or not , however its a lot nicer with Revo to pootle about in compared to the 30,somewhare in between the two would be perfect.
one negative is it has changed the behaviour of the DSG shifts,for some reason it seems to hold onto gears in downshifts now in D mode :evil:
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #302

Offline ben gttdi

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1761 on: 10 August 2014, 12:11 »
Trip to AKS yesterday to apply a few touches, fitted S3 jack pads finally,only had them 6 months, satin chrome glovebox handle,R rev pcv,NGK BKR7EiX iridium plugs,Pre-Cat removed at last,Oil change to Millers nanodrive 5/40 and finally Revo stage 1.
 Was going for the DSG software and SPS but no file for my box yet  :sad:and sps out of stock :rolleyes:

Went for a quick drive (about 10 mile round trip) to top up with Nitro+ unleaded after pre cat and oil change before the map was done, I must say the pre cat is a well worthwhile mod,so much more responsive,especially at low revs ,really makes the car feel lighter :smiley: with only an ever so slight increase in NVH that I can live with.

If I'm brutally honest I cant say I'm really  blown away with the performance of the Revo Map on first impressions,compared to the APR that I had on my previous edition 30,which was like "holy shiiit hang on"....but that could be down to me having to get used to  the linear throttle of the Revo,i will try it without the linear option and tweak with the sps (once I get one) before making a decision to keep or not , however its a lot nicer with Revo to pootle about in compared to the 30,somewhare in between the two would be perfect.
one negative is it has changed the behaviour of the DSG shifts,for some reason it seems to hold onto gears in downshifts now in D mode :evil:

what was required to remove the pre-cat?

Offline GS WAX

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1762 on: 10 August 2014, 12:40 »
Don't know the technical terms...but basically its Downpipe off,make big hole in middle of restrictive gubbins where downpipe joins turbo,break away remains,clean up pipe and refit.
 pretty simple job really ,but I couldn't be bothered with it all,if you are like me give Alex a call at AKS Tuning in Bedford, he will have it done in under an Hour.
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #302

Offline Rgdogg

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1763 on: 11 August 2014, 12:34 »
Just had to replace 3 tyres, not good when tax, service and insurance are all within 2 weeks of one another!
Gti, Candy White, 3door, DSG, Leather, Rear LEDs, Bluefin, Milltek, vwr intake, Focal speakers.

Offline BadgerGTD

• Just got here
« Reply #1764 on: 11 August 2014, 22:12 »
30k miles service & brake fluid change.

Offline sajymundo

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1765 on: 12 August 2014, 13:13 »
2 x Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 (91Y) fitted to the front as Pirelli P6000's were done.
Mk6 GTI | DSG | Black | Leather | 17" Monzas | RNS510 + Dynaudio | Cruise | Bi-Xenon + Rear LED's | Luxury + Winter Packs | Bluetooth

Offline mike.

• I live here
« Reply #1766 on: 12 August 2014, 21:49 »
Got a flat tyre and when changing to the space saver at the side of the road the jack slipped and put a dent in the sill  :angry:

Mk6 GTI 3dr | DSG | Tornado Red | 18" Monza 2 | LED Xenons | RNS510 | Bluetooth | Smoked LED tails | Cruise | Reversing Camera | TPMS | - now sold :(

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #1767 on: 12 August 2014, 22:07 »
^^^^ wow that has really f**ked it up, I HATE scissor jacks.......
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline hef

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1768 on: 12 August 2014, 22:20 »
ahhh that really sucks :(
Toronado Red Edition 35

Offline mike.

• I live here
« Reply #1769 on: 12 August 2014, 22:35 »
Yea, not very happy, it was raining and I couldn't really see under the car but thought the base of the jack was far enough under the car but it slipped out.
At least a full scissor jack is more stable but the one that comes in the golf is so dodgy.

Don't think anyone could remove the dent as there is no way in to the back of it, the plastic strip is about £80 so not to bad and at least the tyre was repairable, it was only a few thousand miles old.
Mk6 GTI 3dr | DSG | Tornado Red | 18" Monza 2 | LED Xenons | RNS510 | Bluetooth | Smoked LED tails | Cruise | Reversing Camera | TPMS | - now sold :(