Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 653450 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #1600 on: 11 June 2014, 23:09 »
What bad luck mate  :sad:  looks pretty bad.  Which of your vehicles was it?
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #1601 on: 11 June 2014, 23:12 »
SEAT leon luckily, if it had been one of the GTIs I would be  :cry:
The leon was unmarked until now. :sad:
I had planned from the start of this week to be using the Mk6 GTI as my daily driver. But im glad I put it off a week now (the leon had fuel in  :embarrassed: )
« Last Edit: 11 June 2014, 23:27 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1602 on: 13 June 2014, 00:28 »
Nice job  :cool: I hope you cleaned the back of the number plate too. You didn't post a picture of that and I was afraid that you might have missed it.
Haha have no fear it was done  :wink:

No pic, no proof.  Bet the back of your number plate is filthy really  :grin:

My car's so dirty at the moment, I didn't actually recognise it. Yesterday, I was waiting for my other half to pick me up after running some errands in town, he drove past me 3 times before I realised it was my car. :embarrassed: :grin:

Need to get it booked in to dealer, 'service in 500 miles' reminder has started to flash up on the MFD.  Must order 2 new tyres as well.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #1603 on: 13 June 2014, 08:10 »

Glad I didnt take either of the GTIs to work today. But still PISSED OFF.

Was moving in the traffic. When suddenly out the corner of my eye I spotted something heading from the sky towards me. Wasn't sure were it hit at the time as i was on a slip road so not easy to stop.
Dint down to metal + scratch on drivers wing. Something fell off the passenger train going over the bridge over the slip road down to the tyne bridge from swan house roundabout in Newcastle at 16:55 and hit me. Couldnt stop at the time to find out what it was exactly. Was shocked and suprised. Just my luck!

Angry as the leon was unmarked  :angry: but if it had been one of the GTIs I would be crying.

Lucky it didn't come through a window and hit you like in the movies final destination.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline AndyG

• Here all the time
« Reply #1604 on: 13 June 2014, 11:34 »
4 new tyres going on today Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric2's.
£468 fitted.Hope they are as good as some on here say as I know jack sh!t about tyres.
Golf 7R,DSG,5 door White,leather,rear camera.

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #1605 on: 13 June 2014, 15:20 »
Fitted an RNS510 to my mk6 and did a little VCDS coding to get it to work properly.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #1606 on: 13 June 2014, 20:53 »
Nice job  :cool: I hope you cleaned the back of the number plate too. You didn't post a picture of that and I was afraid that you might have missed it.
Haha have no fear it was done  :wink:

No pic, no proof.  Bet the back of your number plate is filthy really  :grin:

My car's so dirty at the moment, I didn't actually recognise it. Yesterday, I was waiting for my other half to pick me up after running some errands in town, he drove past me 3 times before I realised it was my car. :embarrassed: :grin:

Need to get it booked in to dealer, 'service in 500 miles' reminder has started to flash up on the MFD.  Must order 2 new tyres as well.

That's just shocking Rebecca! I expected better from you ;)

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #1607 on: 13 June 2014, 22:21 »
4 new tyres going on today Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric2's.
£468 fitted.Hope they are as good as some on here say as I know jack sh!t about tyres.

They need a good 200 miles to bed in though, dont go mad on corner till then. But Yes, they are a very good tyre
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #1608 on: 15 June 2014, 14:27 »
After selling one of my cars the other week I now at last have access to my 4post lift again.
This morning was spent fitting the full underbody engine cover back on instead of the half oem one.
Noticed I had oil on the pipe below the DV  again :-(  hope its just whats ran down from the air intake pipe failing a year ago that they never cleaned off. :undecided:
« Last Edit: 15 June 2014, 15:43 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1609 on: 15 June 2014, 16:30 »
After selling one of my cars the other week I now at last have access to my 4post lift again.
This morning was spent fitting the full underbody engine cover back on instead of the half oem one.
Noticed I had oil on the pipe below the DV  again :-(  hope its just whats ran down from the air intake pipe failing a year ago that they never cleaned off. :undecided:

Which car got the chop snoopy?  Does that mean an R8 is on the horizon  :wink:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual