Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 653723 times)

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #1500 on: 04 May 2014, 09:26 »
I believe that animals have a much different outlook to us. Their instinct is to survive, but if they know that they are no longer fit enough to hunt and feed themselves, they will go and hide themselves away to be on their own. Hard as it may seem, you are helping you cat to do what she want's to do naturally.

We had a cat that got hit by a car years ago. Her back legs were a right mess and we found her dragging herself into the bushes. We took her straight to the vet and there was really only one thing for him to do.  :sad:

I know it's early days, but if you are thinking of another rescue cat, I can put you in touch with my wife's step mum. She lives near Brenzett and helps at the Cats Protection somewhere down there. They are always looking out for good homes.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Rgdogg

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1501 on: 04 May 2014, 15:42 »
Just had cruise control fitted and coded and put the roof bars on ready for the mountain biking and camping season.
Gti, Candy White, 3door, DSG, Leather, Rear LEDs, Bluefin, Milltek, vwr intake, Focal speakers.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1502 on: 04 May 2014, 17:55 »
I believe that animals have a much different outlook to us. Their instinct is to survive, but if they know that they are no longer fit enough to hunt and feed themselves, they will go and hide themselves away to be on their own. Hard as it may seem, you are helping you cat to do what she want's to do naturally.

We had a cat that got hit by a car years ago. Her back legs were a right mess and we found her dragging herself into the bushes. We took her straight to the vet and there was really only one thing for him to do.  :sad:

I know it's early days, but if you are thinking of another rescue cat, I can put you in touch with my wife's step mum. She lives near Brenzett and helps at the Cats Protection somewhere down there. They are always looking out for good homes.

I agree.  Animals are driven by that instinct to survive and be healthy, when it happened she had dragged herself and hidden behind the curtain.  Sad as it is, we have no qualms about euthanasia being the only option, she has no use of her back legs and cannot toilet herself.  She will be discharged to us on Tues (it being a bank holiday) and will be put to sleep in familiar home surroundings.  We drove up to Woking to visit her today and she's not the same cat at all.

Dubber, thank you for the rescue suggestion, I appreciate it, it's never to early to get another one.  In fact she was one of three rescue cats we got a few years ago after losing previous cats through illness, old age and road accident.  However, we still have another 3 rescue cats plus a stray that has partially moved in.  That's enough for now  :smiley:

On a more relevant note, the car has been racking up the miles between Kent and Surrey and for the first time ever the long term mpg hit 40.  Give it a couple days driving round the congested roads of Canterbury and it'll be back down to 28mpg  :grin:
« Last Edit: 04 May 2014, 17:56 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1503 on: 06 May 2014, 13:55 »
Sorry to hear Rebecca  :sad: It must be a low day on the rollercoaster of life. However remember there's another peak right around the corner.

Seabrook looks like you were right about another peak around the corner.......  :smiley:

Just as the axe was about to fall on my little cat, she has started to regain movement in her legs.  It's early days but we are caustiously encouraged.  Very happy to cancel today's planned euthanaisa.   

Back to topic - done nothing to the car except driven it lots, it's filthy, no time to clean it and spending a small fortune on petrol due to all the commutes to vet clinic.   
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #1504 on: 06 May 2014, 14:58 »
Sorry to hear Rebecca  :sad: It must be a low day on the rollercoaster of life. However remember there's another peak right around the corner.

Seabrook looks like you were right about another peak around the corner.......  :smiley:

Just as the axe was about to fall on my little cat, she has started to regain movement in her legs.  It's early days but we are caustiously encouraged.  Very happy to cancel today's planned euthanaisa.   

Back to topic - done nothing to the car except driven it lots, it's filthy, no time to clean it and spending a small fortune on petrol due to all the commutes to vet clinic.
don't need to say anything just add  :smiley:
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline dereks

• Here all the time
« Reply #1505 on: 06 May 2014, 16:31 »
car in for a service today, bit concerning that after nearly 5 years it's still on its original set of plugs and air filter.

also looks like the brake fluid has never been changed :angry:

Offline Neil gti

• I live here
  • She's gone but never forgotten
« Reply #1506 on: 06 May 2014, 16:50 »
Had these fitted today  :smiley:

As well as a Wavetrac Diff
Renewed all Engine Mounts to Revo ones
S3 bearings and Superpro ball joints,
Pick it up Tommorow, and just need to try n get to Statlers for a DSG map this week,
Ready to stretch its legs next Monday at Silverstone  :evil:
Mk6 Gti Gone but not forgtten
Loving the 7R

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #1507 on: 06 May 2014, 17:13 »

Good to hear some positive news. We all hope it continues on upwards :)

Knowing the standard of your car it won't be filthy for long I bet ;)

Dan

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #1508 on: 06 May 2014, 17:15 »
Nice neil where'd you get them from? I keep waiting for the vagrbremtechnic website to go live but looks like its delayed another month

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline Neil gti

• I live here
  • She's gone but never forgotten
« Reply #1509 on: 06 May 2014, 17:35 »
Nice neil where'd you get them from? I keep waiting for the vagrbremtechnic website to go live but looks like its delayed another month

Best giving Dave a call direct pal, he's a busy man  :grin:
But got these to me on next day delivery,
I've got his mobile no: if you need it  :smiley:
Mk6 Gti Gone but not forgtten
Loving the 7R