Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 382734 times)

Offline charlie

• I live here
Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #2380 on: 28 October 2014, 17:22 »
Was it not worth holding out for a 177 DSG Alltrack?
with the spec dubber it would of been 4 to 5k more + the manual box isn't a prob. The car is a really nice drive so the stick shift ain't a prob  :smiley:
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2381 on: 28 October 2014, 18:31 »
Been down to the garage today to finally make our mind up about the passat alltrack. It I think has been the hardest decision car wise I've had to make. 1 I didn't want to loose so much money on the gti 2 I fancied dsg which this car doesn't have. So today we went down and tried a cc with dsg my wife drove it because I'd already used it when I'd had the car serviced. It was only 6 mths old and it was at a good price. She also drove the alltrack. She enjoyed both initially picking the cc we both let our heads rule our hearts and went for the alltrack. We are picking it up Saturday then I'm going away for a week so when I get back I shall post some pics and let you know how I got on  :smiley:

Shame you couldn't get into a DSG, but as long as you're both happy with your choice and cost is what you wanted, then all good.   Prefer the Alltrack to the cc by a mile.  Look forward to seeing the pics:smiley:

I'm about 80% decided about ordering the R this Nov, instead of next March.  Still could change my mind though  :wink: :grin:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #2382 on: 28 October 2014, 19:10 »
Been down to the garage today to finally make our mind up about the passat alltrack. It I think has been the hardest decision car wise I've had to make. 1 I didn't want to loose so much money on the gti 2 I fancied dsg which this car doesn't have. So today we went down and tried a cc with dsg my wife drove it because I'd already used it when I'd had the car serviced. It was only 6 mths old and it was at a good price. She also drove the alltrack. She enjoyed both initially picking the cc we both let our heads rule our hearts and went for the alltrack. We are picking it up Saturday then I'm going away for a week so when I get back I shall post some pics and let you know how I got on  :smiley:

Shame you couldn't get into a DSG, but as long as you're both happy with your choice and cost is what you wanted, then all good.   Prefer the Alltrack to the cc by a mile.  Look forward to seeing the pics:smiley:

I'm about 80% decided about ordering the R this Nov, instead of next March.  Still could change my mind though  :wink: :grin:
it's been a nightmare booth all of my own doing (not wanting to let go of me gti) to be fair the cc is a really nice car but the alltrack is more practical and that is what we need. DSG would of been good but the wonga I wouldn't and couldn't part with + I financed a small part of the car to get the servicing package and the cheeky b------s put down as occupation retired I'm a stay at home dad  :grin: 

You order your r when you feel the times right and enjoy. What a piece of kit  :cool:

Oh and I forgot to say I've joined the passat forum not as busy as this one but hoping it's just as informative. Now we're are my slippers  :laugh:
« Last Edit: 28 October 2014, 19:12 by charlie »
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2383 on: 28 October 2014, 20:46 »
it's been a nightmare booth all of my own doing (not wanting to let go of me gti) to be fair the cc is a really nice car but the alltrack is more practical and that is what we need. DSG would of been good but the wonga I wouldn't and couldn't part with + I financed a small part of the car to get the servicing package and the cheeky b------s put down as occupation retired I'm a stay at home dad  :grin: 

You order your r when you feel the times right and enjoy. What a piece of kit  :cool:

Oh and I forgot to say I've joined the passat forum not as busy as this one but hoping it's just as informative. Now we're are my slippers  :laugh:

Haha, the cheek!   Nothing remotely 'retired' about being a stay at home dad (or mum).  I went back to work to have a rest  :grin:  now gone back full time so the old man can start to ease off a bit. 

Enjoy the Passat forum but don't be a stranger charlie.  Half the people on here don't have gti's anyway  :grin:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #2384 on: 28 October 2014, 21:24 »

Haha, the cheek!   Nothing remotely 'retired' about being a stay at home dad (or mum).  I went back to work to have a rest  :grin:  now gone back full time so the old man can start to ease off a bit. 

Enjoy the Passat forum but don't be a stranger charlie.  Half the people on here don't have gti's anyway  :grin:
dont worry booth I shall hang about for the enjoyable banter :laugh:

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #2385 on: 28 October 2014, 21:55 »
I spend more time on here instead of uk passats. It's fine for those who buy a 200k mile B5, then spend a fortune on making it scrape on cats eyes and fit stupid wheels, but not much for grown ups that like a bit of tounge in cheek banter.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #2386 on: 28 October 2014, 22:39 »
I spend more time on here instead of uk passats. It's fine for those who buy a 200k mile B5, then spend a fortune on making it scrape on cats eyes and fit stupid wheels, but not much for grown ups that like a bit of tounge in cheek banter.
I got that impression dubber  :laugh:

Offline JayGTD

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2387 on: 31 October 2014, 15:02 »
In all honesty, im tempted to trade my GTD in for a mk6 R and go ham on stage 3 mods. Bought my GTD for a commuter but I've ended up finding a job couple months ago 10 mins from home!
« Last Edit: 31 October 2014, 15:03 by JayGTD »
Deep black pearl GTD | 18" Charleston wheels | Kenwood DNX520VBT | VWR Springs | GTI backbox and diffuser | Red grill stripes | Bi-xenon LED Projector's with 6000K HID's | Full interior LED conversion | LED Number plate lights | Heko wind deflectors | JDM Broadway Rearview mirror | GTD Seat inserts | Stage 1+ remap | Vagcom gauge sweep | Vagcom large digital speedo | Vagcom teardrop wipers | WIFI OB2 connector w/ Dashcommands |

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2388 on: 31 October 2014, 15:10 »
In all honesty, im tempted to trade my GTD in for a mk6 R and go ham on stage 3 mods. Bought my GTD for a commuter but I've ended up finding a job couple months ago 10 mins from home!

Do it!  And Mk6 R is still much better looking than mk7 successor.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline JayGTD

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2389 on: 31 October 2014, 15:14 »

Do it!  And Mk6 R is still much better looking than mk7 successor.

For sure! I've seen so many Mk7 R's around but barely any 6's. Promised myself a nice F30 M3 for my next car though so we'll see!
Deep black pearl GTD | 18" Charleston wheels | Kenwood DNX520VBT | VWR Springs | GTI backbox and diffuser | Red grill stripes | Bi-xenon LED Projector's with 6000K HID's | Full interior LED conversion | LED Number plate lights | Heko wind deflectors | JDM Broadway Rearview mirror | GTD Seat inserts | Stage 1+ remap | Vagcom gauge sweep | Vagcom large digital speedo | Vagcom teardrop wipers | WIFI OB2 connector w/ Dashcommands |