Author Topic: VAG Com problems  (Read 2238 times)

Offline spoolking

• GTI forum regular
VAG Com problems
« on: 29 December 2009, 22:13 »
Just opened my VAg com cable that i recently purchased off ebay and installed the software and then ran the program after setting up the ports as instructed by the read me file, everything seemed to be going fine up until i proced with the auto scan then. I choce mk4 g/b/j from the list and then as it starts trying for address the window fades to a funny white colour which disables any futher use and then appears a smaller window say "VAG-COM has stopped working" any idears?

I run the test and it says:
port status:ok
Interface:found!
 type serial pass- through
opto/iso:no
Ross- tech design: no

port slected is Com4

first couple of times it ran through it fine up till when it started to give me the fault codes then it stops working .

Offline spoolking

• GTI forum regular
Re: VAG Com problems
« Reply #1 on: 30 December 2009, 14:13 »
bump

jamie16v

« Reply #2 on: 30 January 2010, 17:18 »
mine has suddenly stopped working too.. i dont understand it, i have tryed altering the port settings too but that hasnt worked either.

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
« Reply #3 on: 30 January 2010, 18:32 »
Are you still running it as Administrator in Vista?
Reinstall drivers, check in Device Manager under the device's drivers to see if it's an FTDI, if so download the latest drivers
http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

@Jamie, Borrow a cable from someone else and see if it works on your laptop, if it does reinstall the drivers and double check the ports again maybe something else is now using that port you had selected.
Passat B5.5 2.3 V5 170, with all the extras.

Want some online storage? Click here to sign up for a Dropbox account.

But for the purest engine experience, displacement has no replacement. All other methods are simply attempts to artificially recreate the benefits of displacement.