Author Topic: before and after...  (Read 12596 times)

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
Re: before and after...
« Reply #70 on: 04 February 2011, 10:47 »
Red trim looks really good.

Offline tsr_adi

• I live here
« Reply #71 on: 04 February 2011, 15:35 »
The 4+E box is now back together properly and ready to be swapped with the tired old gti box tomorrow. So no more 2nd gear crunch and better MPG's  :grin:

Offline tsr_adi

• I live here
« Reply #72 on: 09 February 2011, 20:39 »
A mk2 GL with rear discs? OUTRAGE!!

As you can see my shoes were about dead anyways, so it would have been rude not to really.

You can just see them hiding behind my wheels

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #73 on: 09 February 2011, 20:43 »
 :grin:  Nice one!.... did you do that today?

Offline tsr_adi

• I live here
« Reply #74 on: 09 February 2011, 20:47 »
Yup, only problem is the handbrake cables are too short! So I'm gonna have to keep away from steep hills  :grin:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #75 on: 09 February 2011, 20:51 »
Yup, only problem is the handbrake cables are too short! So I'm gonna have to keep away from steep hills  :grin:

I'm jelous of all you people that get daylight during the week!

Offline tsr_adi

• I live here
« Reply #76 on: 12 February 2011, 16:31 »
I've done a few small jobs today, had to paint the front calipers red to match the rears, not my preffered colour (I'd have them silver) but its just the paint I had at the time. I've fixed the broken pipe from the flying saucer to the rocker cover with another bit of pipe. Also removed the trumpet from the airbox so when the calipers are dry I'l enjoy some induction roa

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
« Reply #77 on: 12 February 2011, 16:34 »
looks good mate nicely converted to disks.. and much easier to change in the future than drums and shoes..
Mk4 Golf GTI anniversary and mk6 golf tdi :)

Offline tsr_adi

• I live here
« Reply #78 on: 12 February 2011, 17:02 »
The conversion took less time and frustration than it would have done to fit new brake shoes! If only I knew mk2s had 2 different handbrake cable lengths I wouldn't have done it until I knew I had the right ones! Its been a nightmare avoiding steep hills  :grin:

Offline tsr_adi

• I live here
« Reply #79 on: 04 March 2011, 18:11 »
I've had a few busy days on the car, I stripped all the carpets and soundproofing out as the passenger side front and rear footwells had puddles of water in them, which I found to be caused by no scuttle rain tray and a leaky floorpan grommet. I now have a rain tray made from a mk3 interior bootlid cover and I've sealed up anything on the floor that I think may let water in. After a few days of drying the carpets and soundproofing out I spent a good 3 hours or so cleaning the carpets which I'm well pleased with, so much so that I've almost declared the inside a no shoes allowed zone! I did have some pictures of the puddles in the floorpan and during refitting the carpets but my phone decided it would lose them :( Anyways heres some pics of it now...

And I made some little brackets for the parcel shelf supports as they were both broken off and plastic welded them on, but the phone lost pics of that :|
I've also repaired the interior bootlid panel thats been broken since I got the car and I've retrimmed it in black vinyl :)