Author Topic: boxer1968 - 16v GTI  (Read 8805 times)

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
boxer1968 - 16v GTI
« on: 25 March 2010, 14:45 »
:)
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline boxer1968

• GTI forum regular
Re: boxer1968 - 16v GTI £300
« Reply #1 on: 25 March 2010, 16:50 »
thanks jv
right where should i start bought a 92  (j) plate 5 door ATLAS GREY i think 16v gti !!!
 when i went to look at it already under the impression it wont be much for £400 but hey who knows
so  surprised to see body not bad , had 4 good wheels on it and 10months mot (happy days) you would think! took  for a drive and the oil light comes on and goes off  but comes on again. my heart says walk away but as you people know its too difficult when theres a bargain to be had so after  good look over the paper work some serious haggling (no connections to isv -alarm bells rang here) got it for £300 .
the car came with a (cat 2 sigma m series alarm )insurance company wouldnt even reconise it making it so i could not insure it to get it home!
electric windows not working  one side seized freed off now .drivers side had wood keeping the window up lucky i had a breaker (mk2  oak green)  in my yard to use from all a ok now
car had no rear seat belts ! replaced
had stelth parcel self  (for sale soon)  :smiley:removed and replaced have also replaced parcel self supports both cracked
car has no door membranes goin to sort this saturday
also found out car has had an engine change due to certain items not present in engine bay thanks rubjonny for imput i will source parts and sort this out. pics to follow. max

« Last Edit: 25 March 2010, 18:21 by boxer1968 »

Offline boxer1968

• GTI forum regular
Re: boxer1968 - 16v GTI
« Reply #2 on: 05 April 2010, 22:37 »
ok this has come to a standstill trying to locate parts to make it run well !!have a guy on another golf forum breaking a mk2 16v so hoping to get all the parts needed for it, all thats been done is made some temp ft door membranes to stop it looking like a boat(bloody weather) in the ft footwells, as soon as  ive got what i need (trip to southhamton for me 3 hour  round trip)this car project will take shape will get more phoyos up when i can

Offline boxer1968

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 11 April 2010, 15:34 »
morephotos taken will get a to do list up soon

[IMG]http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv348/boxer1968/atlas%20golf%202/atlasgreygolf2006.jpg[/IMG
« Last Edit: 11 April 2010, 15:52 by boxer1968 »

Offline boxer1968

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 11 April 2010, 16:22 »
ok got a list of goodies yesterday

« Last Edit: 11 April 2010, 16:47 by boxer1968 »

Offline boxer1968

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 11 April 2010, 21:40 »
ok have spent the last two hours taking the wiring out of the engine bay 8v 90 spec it needs a 16v wiring loom due to previous owner changing it to a 16v and leaving the 8v wiring in it, was going well then it wouldnt pull through the bulkhead so i cut the lot off :grin:(pics at the wk end )form the fusebox end had so many joins in the loom wasnt any good any way will take a couple of pics of engine bay minus wiring next sat, have put pics of my day to southampton trip to pick up the correct wiring loom,the over-run cut off valve and the isv control unit , got a few more bits couldnt help myself ,four door cards mine came with two, mouldy but dry on the door side nothing a good clean  wont sort out ,estrollies (bad spelling) good tyres, need some care on the alloys ,mint parcel self (no holes) spare ecu +isv , rear big bumper need one to cut a hole in for a towbar (for trips to the dump)the one on the car is sound ,some (4)wheelarch trims had one missing when i bought the car and some sill covers few other bits see pics
« Last Edit: 11 April 2010, 21:47 by boxer1968 »

Offline boxer1968

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 23 June 2010, 23:55 »
ok been awhile since ive worked on the car but thought id update the work ive done recently right went about fitting 16v wiring loom to the car what a !but its in know also fitted idle control unit behind center consol (replaced that with a vortex consol)still has tim gauges fitted but they will do for now .fitted and checked cars idle as worked better before id upgraded the loom managed to trace two faults over-run cut off valve faulty car dies when conneted up robbed from my doner car a working one and isv not buzzing after cleaning out 6 times i binned it (ebay for another) still no buzzing back to the loom for a check found two wires from idle box loom one green one black doing nothing .from a quick search of this forum found green goes to aircon which i dont have .the black wire went into a green connection block on the back of the fuse box after reattaching i now have a buzzing isv  :smiley: did go about swaping sensors about as some topics suggested but that did nothing as did cleaning idle adjustment screw car runs perfect now. my next task remove pneumatic door locking and fit door and boot and fuel cap electrical acuators insurance company wont insure it with the sigma alarm fitted lucky my donor has a clifford cat 1 its goin to have !avantguard5.5 seems like  a nice alarm has insurance approved remote start lol
« Last Edit: 24 June 2010, 00:00 by boxer1968 »

Offline boxer1968

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 24 June 2010, 23:36 »
what a nightmare day removed alarm form one golf and fitted to the other took 3 hours but its know up and running  :smiley:tim gauges fitted and working

also changed 2light grill 4 a quad one

tomorrow il be fitting some 16v badges one new for the rear and grill badge form the doner removed rear 8v badge today

« Last Edit: 24 June 2010, 23:50 by boxer1968 »

Offline boxer1968

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8 on: 25 June 2010, 22:41 »
badges fitted shes now starting to feel like a golf :smiley: went out and looked at my donor car today poor thing doesnt realize shes not going back on the road again so promtly stripped her of a weighted gear shift rod and a gear short shift bracket which ive know fitted to my little toy. looks like im going to have fun with the golf sooner rather than later ,by the weekend am looking to fit big bumper splitter and n/s ft wheel arch cover (must buy some lazy tongs) and pop rivets to sort this ,the neighbours seem to get the hump when i fire up the air compressor you cant have enough tools can you  :grin: by next weekend i want to shoe polish the outside trim .

Offline boxer1968

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9 on: 02 July 2010, 23:30 »
ok since last wk have now fitted  weighted shift rod and short shift gear bracket wow forgot what a difference it makes been out and bought some more goodies a new waterpump and a engine hoist £50 for the hoist and 2 miles down the road  :smiley: fitting the water pump and a theormostat tomorrow . bought the hoist as i want to remove engine from the donor car as its sound any way heres a pic of the hoist 
« Last Edit: 02 July 2010, 23:32 by boxer1968 »