Author Topic: Mk2 VR6 - What's it worth?  (Read 1399 times)

Offline anorak

• Not said much yet
Mk2 VR6 - What's it worth?
« on: 09 September 2003, 09:03 »
Hello all,

I'm a newbie to this forum and wonder if anyone can help me out with a tricky situation.
I need to get an idea of the value of a friends Golf. He's tragically no longer with us but had spent the best part of two years rebuilding and trimming his pride and joy.
As far as I can remember the spec is;

Mk2 GTi 16v bodyshell
Full bare metal respray in original colour (Tornado)
2.8 VR6 engine - fully reconditioned, gas flowed with enlarged Corrado throttle body, K&N filter and full s/s exhaust. (probably loads more).
AP Racing brakes (?1400)
Fully adjustable coilovers with poly bushes
Corrado interior retrimmed in cream leather (from Bentley) including custom door panels, head lining, parcel shelf and even tops of seat runners!
Every aspect of the car is immaculate (the rear seats have never been sat in!) and there's over ?2000 worth of i.c.e. the spec of which I don't know but can find out.

I've got a couple of photos if anyone wants to see them, please e-mail me at  'jacksonm@deanandbowes.com'

Thanks.

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
Re:Mk2 VR6 - What's it worth?
« Reply #1 on: 09 September 2003, 11:57 »
Wecome to the forum and sorry to hear about your friend.
Unfortunately it can be very difficult to put a value on modified/rebuilt vehicles. A lot of work and money goes into a project like this and it is very rare to get a value that reflects the amount of time and money put in. I would suggest you look around at other vehicles that have been modded/rebuilt in a similar fashion and hopefully that will give you some sort of ball-park figure. I've come across some similar completed projects and fine examples at the shows this year.

golfvr6

« Reply #2 on: 09 September 2003, 12:23 »
Try www.autotrader.co.uk , there may be some modded vehicle on there. I remember a year ago there was a mk2 vr6 going for about ?6000.

Offline anorak

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 11 September 2003, 13:41 »
Thanks, gents.

I'm thinking of ?6-6.5k

Just got to sell the Corrado now - anyone interested?

95 M, 91k, Z Engineering supercharger (6 months old)
Flash red, black leather, 17" alloys, other improvements.

golfvr6

« Reply #4 on: 11 September 2003, 20:38 »
I'll have the supercharger  :D

Offline anorak

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 16 September 2003, 13:45 »
Might have to sell the 'charger seperately, can't afford to put it on the Golf  :'(

Check out the Corrado in the 'For Sale' forum if you're interested. (in either car or blower).

golfvr6

« Reply #6 on: 16 September 2003, 13:58 »
I'd love a corrado , but its not really suitable for a family  :'(