Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2791359 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #5650 on: 25 November 2016, 04:47 »
Today I was rudely awakened on the way home from work by my fuel light illuminating and accompanying bong.

For those of you sat there thinking that's the dullest post ever written on here (do I win a prize for that?) I'd like to inform you that the last time I fuelled the car up was mid August!  :whistle: :grin:

Damn, these R's sure are economical!!  :wink:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #5651 on: 25 November 2016, 08:13 »
Today I was rudely awakened on the way home from work by my fuel light illuminating and accompanying bong.

For those of you sat there thinking that's the dullest post ever written on here (do I win a prize for that?) I'd like to inform you that the last time I fuelled the car up was mid August!  :whistle: :grin:

Not as economical as the Mk2. I still have half a tank since filling up in July. Plus, the Mk2 has a much smaller tank than your Mk7.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline GTD1414

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5652 on: 25 November 2016, 09:48 »
Placed my credit card on the centre console sliding lid, only to realise the car park I was in was coins only, opened the slider to get some coins from the cubby, (where the cup holders are) credit card disappeared into the armrest section!  :grin:

How easily does the centre console come out?  :whistle:

Did the exact same thing a few weeks ago.  http://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/16879-remove-the-centre-console-lid/?p=280851

Useful info on removing the centre console in that thread.

Now that is really good excuse not to go to the gym!  :grin: My gym has just changed from cards to rubber wrist bands with built in chip...gutted

Offline Raffe

• I live here
« Reply #5653 on: 25 November 2016, 10:16 »

Get driving it :evil: :evil:
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect

Offline LRWmotorsport

• Here all the time
« Reply #5654 on: 25 November 2016, 12:17 »
There will be some nice jelly in the fuel pump.
2015 BRSCC PGTI Championship 2nd #55
2016 BRSCC PGTI Championship 2nd (again) #25 & BARC Intermarque
2017 BRSCC PGTI CHAMPIONS #24

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5655 on: 27 November 2016, 17:03 »
Cleaned it again and gave it a full wax, except half bonnet, half roof and half rear, on which I tried some new Obsessive Detail products out.  Then it rained!

And some beading http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=157465.msg2553056#msg2553056
« Last Edit: 27 November 2016, 21:51 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5656 on: 27 November 2016, 21:51 »
Done nowt to the car itself, but just about to dip my toe into the pool of Dashcam ownership (again).

Gone for a Thinkware F770 hardwired dual camera system (and a second for the wife's A1), and crucially, this one seems not to run hot and has an overheating protection system built in. Looks just as subtle as the Blackvue 650 I had last time, good day and night camera performance (Sony CMOS EXMOR camera system) has car battery driven voltage shutoff (so no need for a magic box) and is full HD front and back. It also has lane assist and (for the wife's A1, no point in activating it on the Golf) it can annoy you with warning that you're too close to the car in front if they suddenly step on the brakes.

Someone put it on HUKD at £229 in a Black Friday sale, but managed to find it through a proper UK retailer for £209.

http://caraudiosecurity.com/f770-front-rear-dash-cam-full-hd-speed-camera-wifi-32gb

Fitment should be just as easy as last time, without the addition of the magic box - i'll just have to be more careful with the bootlid cable trunking clips this time!  :huh:
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline scanesare

• I live here
  • GTI Clubsport
« Reply #5657 on: 27 November 2016, 21:55 »
Cleaned it again and gave it a full wax, except half bonnet, half roof and half rear, on which I tried some new Obsessive Detail products out.  Then it rained!

That's the reason I'll never - ever - understand detailing...

(awaiting to be shot down in flames  :tongue:)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5658 on: 27 November 2016, 21:57 »
Done nowt to the car itself, but just about to dip my toe into the pool of Dashcam ownership (again).

Gone for a Thinkware F770 hardwired dual camera system (and a second for the wife's A1), and crucially, this one seems not to run hot and has an overheating protection system built in. Looks just as subtle as the Blackvue 650 I had last time, good day and night camera performance (Sony CMOS EXMOR camera system) has car battery driven voltage shutoff (so no need for a magic box) and is full HD front and back. It also has lane assist and (for the wife's A1, no point in activating it on the Golf) it can annoy you with warning that you're too close to the car in front if they suddenly step on the brakes.

Someone put it on HUKD at £229 in a Black Friday sale, but managed to find it through a proper UK retailer for £209.

http://caraudiosecurity.com/f770-front-rear-dash-cam-full-hd-speed-camera-wifi-32gb

Fitment should be just as easy as last time, without the addition of the magic box - i'll just have to be more careful with the bootlid cable trunking clips this time!  :huh:

Not had any issues with my Blackvue running hot at all. I think that the SD card (write speeds etc) you use can affect that. There was a debate elsewhere regarding SD cards and someone tried a few different speed/capacity ones and some of them made the camera run hot. 

When I was looking, I did consider the Thinkware F770 but it wasn't discreet enough for me, didn't like the profile of the front camera so went with the Blackvue.  This one was released a couple months ago and looks very good.  https://lukashd.co.uk/product/qvia-ar790-wd-2ch-dash-camera/
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5659 on: 27 November 2016, 22:00 »

That's the reason I'll never - ever - understand detailing...

(awaiting to be shot down in flames  :tongue:)

Don't you ever wash your car then, in the event it might rain?  :rolleyes:  Do you live in the UK?
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual