Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2791604 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #4820 on: 22 June 2016, 22:35 »
Put PP GTI badges on front and rear. Not because I wanted it to look like a PP, but because I wanted the additional red accents, which I knew would look good against the Tungsten Silver. I also felt that the flat silver GTI badge on the rear didn't show up at all. There's a bit more design to the PP badges, too, with the raised edges. Look better than expected.

Not normally a fan of the red PP badges but they look really good with the Tungsten Silver.  Classy.  :cool:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #4821 on: 22 June 2016, 23:12 »
Red GTI badges are much cooler than the silver ones and tie all the red accents together. That's why VW introduced them on the PP  :wink:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4822 on: 23 June 2016, 00:24 »
Red GTI badges are much cooler than the silver ones and tie all the red accents together. That's why VW introduced them on the PP  :wink:

That maybe so, but on some paintwork colours they look tacky (IMO).
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #4823 on: 23 June 2016, 07:24 »

I think it's about time VW changed the 'R' logo to red. It's barely noticeable in silver as its so tiny.
What do you think ?
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4824 on: 23 June 2016, 08:02 »

I think it's about time VW changed the 'R' logo to red. It's barely noticeable in silver as its so tiny.
What do you think ?

No, we like to be under the radar, not all in yer face with shouty red badges.  :tongue: :grin:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline clubsport

• I live here
« Reply #4825 on: 23 June 2016, 09:55 »
A blue R decal from Badgeskins might look quite good?

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #4826 on: 23 June 2016, 13:37 »

What do you think ?

No, we like to be under the radar, not all in yer face with shouty red badges.  :tongue: :grin:
There's a fine line between being under the rader and being non-descript :whistle:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP

Offline TwoSheds

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4827 on: 23 June 2016, 13:53 »
There's also a fine line between being subtle which is what the R is to lots of owners than tacky imo by adding a red badge to this particular model.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #4828 on: 23 June 2016, 14:50 »
So why didn't VW also change the badges on the front wings for the PP GTI so the 'GTI' lettering is in red to match the tailgate and front grille badges?
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #4829 on: 23 June 2016, 15:06 »
So why didn't VW also change the badges on the front wings for the PP GTI so the 'GTI' lettering is in red to match the tailgate and front grille badges?
The badge on the wing is red,  last time I looked.
If it also said GTI in red, it would be just that, a plain red badge :wink:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP